Bulgaria's Black Sea Primorsko Flooded, Under State of Emergency
State of emergency has been declared in Bulgaria's Black Sea municipality of Primorsko, Wednesday.
Torrential rains led to the overflowing of the Dyavolska and Ropotamo rivers. The main road Sozopol - Primorsko is flooded and is closed for traffic. The road Primorsko - Yasna Polyana has also been closed. The villages Yasna Polyana and Veselie are partially under water, Vesti.bg reports.
The southern Black Sea Primorsko town can be reached only by heavy machinery as its streets have been flooded, Nova TV informs.
Over 70 hotels and residential buildings, the building of the municipality and the kindergarten are under water. The road junction near Sozopol, as well as the main road to Primorsko have also been flooded.
"There are power cuts at places due to the rains. The road Yasna Polyana - Primorsko is closed, there are fallen trees on the road to Primorsko along Ropotamo to Sozopol. A section of the junction of Primorsko has been flooded and the main road Primorsko - Southern Coast is closed for traffic" said the municipality mayor, Dr. Dimitar Germanov.
More than 65 signals from local citizens have been received concerning flooded basements, houses and hotels because of the storm. Last night almost 300 visitors in one of the hotels in town were left without electricity and water, Darik News reports.
According to the municipal Crisis team there is currently no danger of overflowing of the Yasna Polyana reservoir. It has not reached its critical levels and is under constant monitoring, Bulgarian National Radio states.
Police in Burgas called on people to suspend trips to the municipalities of Sozopol, Primorsko and Tsarevo.
- » Bulgaria's Culture Ministry Announces Stance on Koprivshtitsa Issue
- » Temporary Organisation of Traffic Introduced in Sofia in Relation to Event held at Sofia City Art Gallery
- » Just 10% of Disabled in Bulgaria Employed
- » Orban Drives Out Central European University
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients