Italian Citizen Abducted in Bulgaria's Sofia, Five Detained
Five people, who have abducted an Italian citizen in Bulgaria's Sofia have been arrested on July 10, the press center of the Ministry of Interior said.
The night before, the taxi that the Italian was in was stopped by an Opel in Studentski Grad district. 2 men forced him to enter the car and abducted him.
The investigation showed that the Italian was forced to sign a document, obliging him to pay BGN 18,000 to the woman in the group that was arrested near the National Stadium in Sofia early on the next day. The group consisted of 4 men and 1 woman, who were later detained.
- » Police Detains 33 People for Plotting Clashes with Ethnic Minorities
- » Serbia Arrests Bulgarian National for Trafficking Afghan Refugees
- » Burgas Bombing 'Raised Hezbollah Suspicions of Double Agent'
- » Bulgaria's DANS Apprehends Three Terrorist Suspects at Border
- » Seven Bulgarians Arrested in Belgrade for Intending to Stage Protest
- » Bulgarian Man Arrested by Macedonian Police for Human Smuggling Attempt