Italian Citizen Abducted in Bulgaria's Sofia, Five Detained
Five people, who have abducted an Italian citizen in Bulgaria's Sofia have been arrested on July 10, the press center of the Ministry of Interior said.
The night before, the taxi that the Italian was in was stopped by an Opel in Studentski Grad district. 2 men forced him to enter the car and abducted him.
The investigation showed that the Italian was forced to sign a document, obliging him to pay BGN 18,000 to the woman in the group that was arrested near the National Stadium in Sofia early on the next day. The group consisted of 4 men and 1 woman, who were later detained.
- » Serbia Police Find Weapons, Ammo in Bulgarian Train
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder