Italian Citizen Abducted in Bulgaria's Sofia, Five Detained
Five people, who have abducted an Italian citizen in Bulgaria's Sofia have been arrested on July 10, the press center of the Ministry of Interior said.
The night before, the taxi that the Italian was in was stopped by an Opel in Studentski Grad district. 2 men forced him to enter the car and abducted him.
The investigation showed that the Italian was forced to sign a document, obliging him to pay BGN 18,000 to the woman in the group that was arrested near the National Stadium in Sofia early on the next day. The group consisted of 4 men and 1 woman, who were later detained.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year