Bulgaria's Govt Supports BNB's Efforts to Find Solution for KTB Case
The government will continue to support the Bulgarian National Bank's efforts in finding a complete solution for the case of Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
The deposits up to EUR 100,000 (BGN 196,000) will be, without a doubt, paid out by the state under the law, for which the government will provide all the necessary financial resources, the official statement on the government's website reads.
Such scenarios do not justify or cover up eventual incorrect debtors or people who have caused loss the bank. Instead, the government calls for a maximum transparency.
These scenarios ensure the normal functioning of tens of Bulgarian firms and can minimize the summed costs for society, caused by the suspension of operations of this comparatively big Bulgarian bank, the official statement says.
The government will continue to partake in the consultations on all levels to find a solution that works on the debate surrounding KTB.
Officials call for a dialogue between the political powers in the name of state stability and for avoidance of excessive political talks on the matter.
- » Finance Ministry Meets with EPIC to Discuss KTB Recovery
- » BNB Welcomes KTB Shareholders' Efforts to Work on Recovery Plan
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 10.5-Year Issue of BGN-Denominated Govt Securities at 3.12% Yield
- » KTB Shareholders Seek Sofia Meeting to Prepare Rescue Plan
- » KTB Can Be Rescued Without Special Law or Public Funds, Experts Agree
- » Corpbank Rescue Options to Be Discussed at BIA