Skimming Devices Smuggling Attempt Prevented at Bulgaria's Border
An attempted smuggling of skimming devices has been prevented at Bulgaria's border checkpoint Vidin - Danube Bridge, the press center of the Interior Ministry said.
The electronic devices have been seized from a Bulgarian registered car in a joint operation conducted on July 10 by the Border Police Directorate, State Agency National Security (DANS) and the Customs office in Vidin.
Inside the vehicle the authorities found and seized a complete kit for the skimming of ATM machines, including readers with USB outputs, micro camera for recording PIN codes and circuit board for electronic components storage.
Among the confiscated items are two laptops, GPS navigation, mobile phones, SIM cards and devices used for the fixing of skimming devices to ATMs.
Pretrial proceedings have been initiated.
Two Bulgarian nationals have been detained for 24 hours.The detainees have been previously convicted for the same offenses in several Western European countries.
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence
- » 110 Kg of Marijuana Discovered at Danube Bridge 2