Skimming Devices Smuggling Attempt Prevented at Bulgaria's Border
An attempted smuggling of skimming devices has been prevented at Bulgaria's border checkpoint Vidin - Danube Bridge, the press center of the Interior Ministry said.
The electronic devices have been seized from a Bulgarian registered car in a joint operation conducted on July 10 by the Border Police Directorate, State Agency National Security (DANS) and the Customs office in Vidin.
Inside the vehicle the authorities found and seized a complete kit for the skimming of ATM machines, including readers with USB outputs, micro camera for recording PIN codes and circuit board for electronic components storage.
Among the confiscated items are two laptops, GPS navigation, mobile phones, SIM cards and devices used for the fixing of skimming devices to ATMs.
Pretrial proceedings have been initiated.
Two Bulgarian nationals have been detained for 24 hours.The detainees have been previously convicted for the same offenses in several Western European countries.
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgaria Reveals Names of Suspected Attackers of Alexei Petrov
- » Crime Rate in Bulgaria Decreased by 4.5 % in 2015 - Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Captain 'Found Dead' near Vienna
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind of Attack on Ex-Security Agent