Skimming Devices Smuggling Attempt Prevented at Bulgaria's Border
An attempted smuggling of skimming devices has been prevented at Bulgaria's border checkpoint Vidin - Danube Bridge, the press center of the Interior Ministry said.
The electronic devices have been seized from a Bulgarian registered car in a joint operation conducted on July 10 by the Border Police Directorate, State Agency National Security (DANS) and the Customs office in Vidin.
Inside the vehicle the authorities found and seized a complete kit for the skimming of ATM machines, including readers with USB outputs, micro camera for recording PIN codes and circuit board for electronic components storage.
Among the confiscated items are two laptops, GPS navigation, mobile phones, SIM cards and devices used for the fixing of skimming devices to ATMs.
Pretrial proceedings have been initiated.
Two Bulgarian nationals have been detained for 24 hours.The detainees have been previously convicted for the same offenses in several Western European countries.
- » Smuggling Ring Uncovered in Bulgaria as Truck Runs Out of Fuel
- » Last-Instance Court to Sit on Bulgarian Ex Spy Chief's 10-Year Sentence
- » Bulgaria Handed over 72 Turkish Nationals in 2016
- » Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges
- » Arrested Syrian Albakir Planned To Attack Berlin Airport
- » Turkish Citizen Arrested With 30 Kg of Heroin