One Third of Bulgarians With Internet Shop Online
One third of Bulgarians who have access to internet, shop online, shows a survey of the eMag online store, quoted by Capital Daily.
Most significant increase is posted in online sales of consumer electronic devices. In the period October 2013 – April 2014, encompassed by the survey, they grew by 14%.
According to eMag, the increase was mostly due to the big discounts during the Christmas and New Year holidays discounts, offered by the online stores.
At the same time, the survey finds that the number of people who have access to internet also rises – slowly, but steadily.
As of April 2014, the internet penetration in Bulgaria has reached 77.8%. The majority of people use internet to look for information – 93.8%, 82.4% use it for accessing the social networks and 73.8% use it for e-mail.
Desktop computers remain the main devices used for accessing the internet – 65.9% of users, but their share has dropped by 3.9%, compared to the previous eMag survey. Fifty-two percent of Bulgarians use laptops, while Smartphones are used by 30.9%. Tablets are lagging behind with only 9.2%. The sum of percentages exceeds 100, because respondents use more than one device.
- » Belgian Far-Right Politician Accuses Muslims of Creating Tension
- » Turkey Insists 'Won't Stay' in Syria's Afrin
- » Bulgarians Bought Less Beer in 2017
- » 10 Candidates Want to Make the Pipes For the Bulgaria - Greece Interconnector
- » Mostly Cloudy Today with Light Rain in Many Areas
- » An Extra Half Degree of Global Warming Could Displace 5 Million People