One Third of Bulgarians With Internet Shop Online
One third of Bulgarians who have access to internet, shop online, shows a survey of the eMag online store, quoted by Capital Daily.
Most significant increase is posted in online sales of consumer electronic devices. In the period October 2013 – April 2014, encompassed by the survey, they grew by 14%.
According to eMag, the increase was mostly due to the big discounts during the Christmas and New Year holidays discounts, offered by the online stores.
At the same time, the survey finds that the number of people who have access to internet also rises – slowly, but steadily.
As of April 2014, the internet penetration in Bulgaria has reached 77.8%. The majority of people use internet to look for information – 93.8%, 82.4% use it for accessing the social networks and 73.8% use it for e-mail.
Desktop computers remain the main devices used for accessing the internet – 65.9% of users, but their share has dropped by 3.9%, compared to the previous eMag survey. Fifty-two percent of Bulgarians use laptops, while Smartphones are used by 30.9%. Tablets are lagging behind with only 9.2%. The sum of percentages exceeds 100, because respondents use more than one device.
- » Varna will Held International Technology Conference Innowave Business and Startup
- » ECB Chief Mario Draghi says Bitcoin Not Mature Enough for Consideration
- » ‘New frontier’ Bulgaria Attracts Real Estate Investors
- » Investment Projects in Bulgaria for BGN 800 Million to be Launched
- » The World Bank Predicts Acceleration in the Growth of the Bulgarian Economy
- » Spain Moves to Suspend Autonomy