Over 1.8M Passengers Serviced At Sofia Airport in H1 2014
The number of passengers serviced at Sofia Airport increased by 200 thousand and reached 1,838,148 people in H1 of 2014 compared to the same period last year.
Passengers who have used international scheduled flights recorded an increase of 11% on an annual basis which is due to the new destinations added to the schedule of Sofia Airport, and the greater frequency of flights on most served routes, the airport informs.
A total of 71,422 passengers travelled on domestic scheduled flights from Sofia to the Black Sea cities of Varna and Burgas which is a drop of 8% in the first half of 2014.
In 2014, direct lines have been launched from Sofia to Belgrade, Malm?, Catania and Barcelona. The most preferred destinations among Bulgarians are London, Vienna, Rome, Milan and Berlin.
- » Twitter is Planning to Impose New Restrictions on Pornographic and Hateful Imagery
- » Number of Romanians and Bulgarians in UK rises to 413,000
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Even in 2017 The Beatles are Making GBP 67,000 a Day
- » Serious Interest in Bulgarian Innovative Ideas at Dubai World Expo
- » Low ECB Rates an Opportunity to Reform, Draghi Argues
Yes but why is it so EXPENSIVE?
Bulgarian air BRUSSELS / SOFIA 859 LV ( Cheapest economy flight available this weekend) FRI/MON.)Over 400 Euro for a flight for a weekend trip and then you need a hotel .
Air line ??? Brussels to/ BUCHARESTI 479 LV ?
Why is it cheaper to fly into another country and drive to Bulgaria
it also can take less time if you are going to the coast as very few DIRECT flights
Brussels /Varna is Air Serbia takes 6 hours (1 hour stop in Belgrade ) cost 795 lv arriving in Varna AT 03.32 .
Bulgaria needs to open up the AIRPORTS .