1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Juncker Said to Be Planning Introduction of Euro by All EU Member States after Brexit
- » Extension of Sofia Metro Line 2 to be Launched Before End of July
- » EU 'Told Bulgaria to Sell Gas Network Operator - PM
- » Bulgarian FinMin Foresees 3.5 % Budget Surplus for First Half of 2016
- » Gazprom 'Ready' to Explore Turkish Stream Funding
- » 10.3 Million Tourists Expected to Visit Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast This Summer