1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Kronospan to Invest BGN 300 M in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » Bulgaria's Average Wage 'to Top BGN 1000 This Year'
- » Bulgaria Lags Behind in Attracting Foreign Investment - Industry Group
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Bulgaria's Energy System Stable, Minister Says
- » State Debt Decreases in EU, Bulgaria in Q3 2016