1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Bulgaria Pays Off Belene Nuclear Plant Debt
- » Bulgaria Signs EUR 210 M Agreements with EEA Countries
- » Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania 'Can Be Centers of Excellence for Nuclear Decommissioning'
- » Time for Bulgaria to Join Euro Waiting Room - C-Bank Governor
- » Bulgaria OKs EUR 200 M Loan Agreement with CoE Bank
- » Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia to Cooperate in Tourism