1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Conducts Top-level Reshuffle at Several Companies
- » Russia Will Build South Stream if Europe Wants to Reduce Gas Transit Risks - Minister
- » Minister Vows Comprehensive Audit of Bulgaria’s Energy Sector
- » Bulgaria's 2015 Draft Budget Includes Minimum Wage Freeze
- » Bulgaria to Negotiate Easing of Visa Regime for Balkan Tourists
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Picks 2 Local, 2 Int'l Banks for Bridge Loan