1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Sanctions, Falling Rouble Force Russians to Settle in Bulgaria
- » Russia EconMin: Forfeit Demand on Bulgaria over South Stream 'Unlikely'
- » Die Presse: 'New Signs of Life' for South Stream from Bulgaria
- » Too Early for EU Response on Bulgaria's 'Gas Hub' Idea - Commission VP Georgieva
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit