1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Kozloduy CEO 'Dismissed for Being Expert'
- » Burgas Miners' Underground Strike Enters Second Day
- » Bulgaria’s President in Azerbaijan for Southern Gas Corridor's First Sod
- » CEO of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant Replaced Overnight
- » EU Parliament Urges Tough Conditions for South Stream
- » Bulgaria Threatens to Terminate Contract for Struma Motorway Lot 4 with Greece’s Aktor