1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality To Pay Over BGN 700,000 for Update of City Mobility Plan
- » 160 M Litres of Bulgarian Wine To Be Produced in 2016
- » Cyprus Eyes Bulgaria as Part of Plans to Transit Gas to Europe
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Chairman: No Problems Expected Concerning EC Approval of NEC Loan
- » Banker Levon Hampartzoumian: Bulgaria's Economy Is in Good Shape at Macro Level