1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Ernst & Young: 22 Merger, Acquisition Deals in Bulgaria for January-June 2016
- » Bulgaria Ex-Energy Min 'Demoted' in Parliament over Pending Allegations
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Ministry Invites Chinese Firms to Sofia Tech Park
- » Bulgaria Drops to 39th Place in World Bank's Doing Business Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Finance Ministry Publishes 2017 Draft Budget
- » Bulgaria's Govt to End State Aid Contract with Fibank