1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Amendments to Bulgaria’s Bank Insolvency Act Pass 2nd Reading in Parliament
- » Bulgarian Employers’ Associations, Trade Unions Protest Imminent Power Price Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Govt OKs Draft Version of Operational Program Targeting SMEs
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Launches 5th Attempt to Award Concession for Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport
- » Bulgaria's Mobiltel Acquires Cable Operator Blizoo
- » Russia 'Ready to Sign Only Part of Turkish Stream Deal'