1.4% Deflation in Bulgaria in H1 2014
Consumer prices in Bulgaria dropped by 1.4% in H1 2014, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
Compared to June 2013, prices this June decreased by 1.9%.
In June 2014 prices of food and soft drinks dropped by 1.2%, those of alcohol and tobacco – by 0.1%. Garments and shoes were by 0.4% cheaper, transport cost 1% less.
In the non-food segment, tourist services posted most significant rise – they were by 10.3% more expensive. Hotel prices rose by 3.9%. Entertainment prices increased by 3.2%.
- » Russia's VTB, Sberbank 'to Enter EU Sanctions List' - WSJ
- » Half Million Bulgarians Drive Volkswagen Cars
- » Westinghouse CEO Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians Spent BGN 200M on Property in June - Brokers
- » Lawmakers to Discuss Bulgaria's State Budget, Health Expenditures
- » EC Initiates Gas Supply Talks between Oettinger, Novak