Scrap Companies Block Traffic at Bulgarian Border Again
The traffic at Bulgarian Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint has been blocked again Tuesday morning by scrap companies who staged a protest against a law which came into effect Monday.
The demonstrators do not let any cars or trucks cross the Bulgarian-Turkish border. According to the private TV station bTV, a protest is being staged at checkpoint Kalotina, as well.
The blockades at Kapitan Andreevo began yesterday when specialized machinery closed the checkpoint. The business protests against a new law, according to which physical persons are not allowed to sell ferrous and non-ferrous metals to the licensed companies.
A meeting is to be held Tuesday between representatives of the protesters, the parliamentary parties and the management of the institution to remedy the situation and possibly to introduce amendments to the law, which came into force yesterday, Dnes.bg informs.
Traffic in both directions was rerouted through the checkpoints Lesovo and Novo Selo.
- » Bulgarian PM Vows to Look into All Privatization Deals
- » Bulgaria, Russia Sign Debt Settlement Deal on Belene Nuclear Project
- » GERB Withdraws Bulgaria's ex-Energy Min from Belene Committee
- » Service Life of Unit 5 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Extended Until 2047
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Customs Agency Proceeds To Increase by BGN 2 B for 2016
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry To Launch BGN 3.5 M Scheme for Mineral Springs