Scrap Companies Block Traffic at Bulgarian Border Again
The traffic at Bulgarian Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint has been blocked again Tuesday morning by scrap companies who staged a protest against a law which came into effect Monday.
The demonstrators do not let any cars or trucks cross the Bulgarian-Turkish border. According to the private TV station bTV, a protest is being staged at checkpoint Kalotina, as well.
The blockades at Kapitan Andreevo began yesterday when specialized machinery closed the checkpoint. The business protests against a new law, according to which physical persons are not allowed to sell ferrous and non-ferrous metals to the licensed companies.
A meeting is to be held Tuesday between representatives of the protesters, the parliamentary parties and the management of the institution to remedy the situation and possibly to introduce amendments to the law, which came into force yesterday, Dnes.bg informs.
Traffic in both directions was rerouted through the checkpoints Lesovo and Novo Selo.
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » Korean Companies Interested in Electric Vehicles Production, Cheese Processing in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Mobile Operators to Provide Free Emergency Calls to Motorists
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » IMF Projects Economic Growth for Bulgaria of 1.7 % in 2015, 1.9 % in 2016
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Approve New Requirements for Taxi Drivers