Three Wounded in Shooting in Bulgaria's Dolna Banya
Three people have been wounded after a shooting occurred in Bulgaria's town of Dolna Banya on Sunday night.
The incident happened after a conflict arose between two Roma clans, Bulgarian National Radio reports.
Currently, a massive police operation is conducted in the region. Some of the houses in Dolna Banya are being searched. The area is completely closed off by police teams. This is not the first incident to occur between Roma clans in the region of Ihtiman, as a month ago there was a mass brawl which involved over 300 people.
At the end of 2013, police units with the specialized unit to combat terrorism were sent to interfere in the increasing conflict between the same two Roma families. The operation included searches on a signal for stolen firearms in Kostenetz and Dolna Banya. A Kalashnikov assault rifle with three chargers, several guns and a large amount of ammunition have been seized during the police raid, BNR reminds.
Today's police operation will continue throughout the day. The Interior Ministry stated that the details will be provided later.
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud