Three Wounded in Shooting in Bulgaria's Dolna Banya
Three people have been wounded after a shooting occurred in Bulgaria's town of Dolna Banya on Sunday night.
The incident happened after a conflict arose between two Roma clans, Bulgarian National Radio reports.
Currently, a massive police operation is conducted in the region. Some of the houses in Dolna Banya are being searched. The area is completely closed off by police teams. This is not the first incident to occur between Roma clans in the region of Ihtiman, as a month ago there was a mass brawl which involved over 300 people.
At the end of 2013, police units with the specialized unit to combat terrorism were sent to interfere in the increasing conflict between the same two Roma families. The operation included searches on a signal for stolen firearms in Kostenetz and Dolna Banya. A Kalashnikov assault rifle with three chargers, several guns and a large amount of ammunition have been seized during the police raid, BNR reminds.
Today's police operation will continue throughout the day. The Interior Ministry stated that the details will be provided later.
- » Bulgarian Police Arrest 13 Customs Officers
- » Seven Arrested in Bulgaria’s Pazardzhik, Plovdiv for Preaching Radical Islam on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Living in US Detained over Death Threats on EU Officials
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
- » Secretary of Bulgarian Anti-Human Trafficking Commission Charged with Corruption