Bulgaria's Largest Coal Mining Company Boasts Higher Production in Q1
Coal mining in Bulgaria's largest energy complex Maritsa Iztok EAD has recorded an increase in the first half of 2014.
More than 12.8 million tonnes of raw material have been produced and realized in Q1 2014, BGNES reports.
To meet the needs of Bulgarian thermal power plants, over 3.48 million tonnes of coal more have been extracted in January – June 2014 compared to the same period of 2013.
In the first six months of 2014, a total of 46,687,180 cubic meters of land mass, or almost 50% more than last year's quantities, were excavated, transported and piled in the three mines of Maritsa Iztok EAD.
- » Sofia, Varna Property Prices Rise, Still Well Below Pre-Crisis Peaks
- » Plevneliev: Southern Gas Corridor Will Boost Europe’s Energy Security
- » Bulgaria Energy Watchdog Proposes 9.8% Rise in Power Prices
- » Burgas Miners End Strike
- » Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Doubled Profits in 8 Months – Former CEO
- » 2 Miners Participating in Underground Strike Taken to Hospital