Bulgaria's Largest Coal Mining Company Boasts Higher Production in Q1
Coal mining in Bulgaria's largest energy complex Maritsa Iztok EAD has recorded an increase in the first half of 2014.
More than 12.8 million tonnes of raw material have been produced and realized in Q1 2014, BGNES reports.
To meet the needs of Bulgarian thermal power plants, over 3.48 million tonnes of coal more have been extracted in January – June 2014 compared to the same period of 2013.
In the first six months of 2014, a total of 46,687,180 cubic meters of land mass, or almost 50% more than last year's quantities, were excavated, transported and piled in the three mines of Maritsa Iztok EAD.
- » Bulgaria OKs EUR 200 M Loan Agreement with CoE Bank
- » Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia to Cooperate in Tourism
- » Three Companies Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant
- » Bulgaria's GDP Grew 3.4% in Q3, 2016
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Confident about Belene Privatization
- » China 'Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant'