Freight Train Derails in Bulgaria's East
A train went off the tracks between the Chumerna and Gavrailovo stations in Sliven Municipality, in the east of Bulgaria.
There were only goods wagons in the composition, and nobody was left injured, national carrier Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) announced in a message.
The incident at 14:15 EEST (12:15 GMT) is the second in which a train derails in less than 24 hours.
On Saturday, a similar event, but involving passenger transport, took the life of a motorman and resulted in at least 12 wounded, two of them with serious injuries.
Authorities believe that incident was prompted by high speed, as it was reported the train was moving at 100 km/h, despite a limit of 40 km/h for the railroad section where it was traveling.
- » Hot Water Stops in East Sofia from August 30 to September 11
- » NIMH: Still Rainy in East Bulgaria
- » Varna Will Host the Largest Open-Air Bookstore in Bulgaria
- » Protest Аgainst the Construction of the Sea Garden in Obzor Continue
- » Bus with Russsian Tourists Engulfed in Flames on the Road
- » Signal May be From 1st 'Exomoon'