Freight Train Derails in Bulgaria's East
A train went off the tracks between the Chumerna and Gavrailovo stations in Sliven Municipality, in the east of Bulgaria.
There were only goods wagons in the composition, and nobody was left injured, national carrier Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) announced in a message.
The incident at 14:15 EEST (12:15 GMT) is the second in which a train derails in less than 24 hours.
On Saturday, a similar event, but involving passenger transport, took the life of a motorman and resulted in at least 12 wounded, two of them with serious injuries.
Authorities believe that incident was prompted by high speed, as it was reported the train was moving at 100 km/h, despite a limit of 40 km/h for the railroad section where it was traveling.
- » Chinese Cinema Festival to Take Place in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Helicopter Crew Captured by Sudanese Rebels
- » Healthcare in Bulgaria Ranks Among Poorest in Europe
- » Fewer Bulgarians Went on Holiday Abroad at End of 2014
- » Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
- » Bulgaria’s 2011-2013 Refugee Integration Strategy Was Total Failure – Audit Office