Freight Train Derails in Bulgaria's East
A train went off the tracks between the Chumerna and Gavrailovo stations in Sliven Municipality, in the east of Bulgaria.
There were only goods wagons in the composition, and nobody was left injured, national carrier Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) announced in a message.
The incident at 14:15 EEST (12:15 GMT) is the second in which a train derails in less than 24 hours.
On Saturday, a similar event, but involving passenger transport, took the life of a motorman and resulted in at least 12 wounded, two of them with serious injuries.
Authorities believe that incident was prompted by high speed, as it was reported the train was moving at 100 km/h, despite a limit of 40 km/h for the railroad section where it was traveling.
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities
- » Bulgarians See Politics, Hospitals, Customs as 'Most Corrupt' - Poll
- » Pope Francis Donates Funding for Basilica in Bulgaria's First Capital
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24
- » Bulgaria Granted Humanitarian Status to Ansbach Attacker in 2013