Freight Train Derails in Bulgaria's East
A train went off the tracks between the Chumerna and Gavrailovo stations in Sliven Municipality, in the east of Bulgaria.
There were only goods wagons in the composition, and nobody was left injured, national carrier Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) announced in a message.
The incident at 14:15 EEST (12:15 GMT) is the second in which a train derails in less than 24 hours.
On Saturday, a similar event, but involving passenger transport, took the life of a motorman and resulted in at least 12 wounded, two of them with serious injuries.
Authorities believe that incident was prompted by high speed, as it was reported the train was moving at 100 km/h, despite a limit of 40 km/h for the railroad section where it was traveling.
- » Bulgarian Students' Disturbing PISA Results Show Need for New Teaching Methods
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Festival Added to UNESCO Heritage List
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Anti-Migrant Protest Held in Bulgarian Border Town
- » St Nicholas Day Marked in Bulgaria on Tuesday
- » First Sofia Metro Line Running Again after Monday Failure