Freight Train Derails in Bulgaria's East
A train went off the tracks between the Chumerna and Gavrailovo stations in Sliven Municipality, in the east of Bulgaria.
There were only goods wagons in the composition, and nobody was left injured, national carrier Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) announced in a message.
The incident at 14:15 EEST (12:15 GMT) is the second in which a train derails in less than 24 hours.
On Saturday, a similar event, but involving passenger transport, took the life of a motorman and resulted in at least 12 wounded, two of them with serious injuries.
Authorities believe that incident was prompted by high speed, as it was reported the train was moving at 100 km/h, despite a limit of 40 km/h for the railroad section where it was traveling.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN