Director of Sofia Airport VIP Terminal Sacked
Boris Popov, director of the VIP terminal of Sofia Airport was sacked, reports Nova TV national channel.
The motives for the sacking are unclear, as attempts to get in touch with the airport management were unsuccessful.
According to the TV channel, however, Tsvetan Vasilev, majority shareholder of the bankrupt Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) left Bulgaria in June through this terminal.
The Customs Agency refuses information on whether Vasilev went through customs inspection upon leaving the country.
The Interior Ministry press office told Nova TV that the border police only checks the passengers' documents, not their luggage.
- » A Man Threw himself in front of the Train Pernik-Sofia
- » Bulgarian Cultural Properties at Exhibitions in Moscow, Bratislava, Warsaw and Paris
- » Asian Festival in the Borisova Garden in Sofia in May
- » 20 People Suffered from Phenol Leak at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic
- » A Woman Smashed Police Patrols Vehicles and Wounded Policemen in Dimitrovgrad
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
"The Customs Agency refuses information on whether Vasilev went through customs inspection upon leaving the country.".....................Yes, I wonder??????????????? Red-faces and tight lips anyone?
"The Interior Ministry press office told Nova TV that the border police only checks the passengers' documents, not their luggage."........................What a ridiculous statement. So there is no proper security at Sofia Airport at all then, according to the Interior Ministry press office. More red-faces and tight lips anyone?