Director of Sofia Airport VIP Terminal Sacked
Boris Popov, director of the VIP terminal of Sofia Airport was sacked, reports Nova TV national channel.
The motives for the sacking are unclear, as attempts to get in touch with the airport management were unsuccessful.
According to the TV channel, however, Tsvetan Vasilev, majority shareholder of the bankrupt Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) left Bulgaria in June through this terminal.
The Customs Agency refuses information on whether Vasilev went through customs inspection upon leaving the country.
The Interior Ministry press office told Nova TV that the border police only checks the passengers' documents, not their luggage.
- » Excavations Unveil One of Five Most Important Temples for Bulgarian Archaeology
- » Sofia Gallery to Host Major Christo / Jeanne-Claude Exhibition for 1st Time
- » Enrique Iglesias to Hold First Individual Concert in Bulgaria on December 14
- » Bulgarian Invents Watch Capable of Translating Words in Two Seconds
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich
"The Customs Agency refuses information on whether Vasilev went through customs inspection upon leaving the country.".....................Yes, I wonder??????????????? Red-faces and tight lips anyone?
"The Interior Ministry press office told Nova TV that the border police only checks the passengers' documents, not their luggage."........................What a ridiculous statement. So there is no proper security at Sofia Airport at all then, according to the Interior Ministry press office. More red-faces and tight lips anyone?