Bulgaria's Real Estate Market Up 15% in June
The sales of residential properties in Bulgaria grew 15% year-on-year, say real estate agencies, quoted by the BNT public broadcaster.
Prices, according to them, have also increased. Often the purchases are with investment purposes, as rents are also rising.
The majority of deals were in the price range EUR 50 000 – 70 000, but there were also sales of properties priced up to EUR 100 000, as customers seek larger apartments.
“In the past few months we are observing considerable growth in demand for apartments of 60 sq meters and over,” Kaloyan Bogdanov, marketing manager of a real estate agency tells BNT. “The growth of sales of three-bedroom apartments is considerable.”
According to him, in Sofia people are mostly seeking to buy apartments around the two metro lines because of better communication, and in the city center.
The interest in a second home in the vacation complexes was also returning. In Bogdanov's words, around 20% of the sales in this segment were to people who are planning to rent the property out.
- » Bulgaria's Sofia Property Prices Up By EUR 100
- » Boom of Administrative Buildings Expected
- » Number of Russians Buying Property in Bulgaria Dwindles in 2 Years
- » Business Property Deals Amount to EUR 225 M for January-September 2016
- » Sofia's Average Price of Real Estate in Construction Higher Than Price of Old Buildings
- » Bulgaria 'Ignoring N-Korea Illicit Real-Estate Deals'