Prosecution to Press Charges against KTB Executive Director
The prosecution will press charges against Orlin Rusev – executive director and chairperson of the managerial board of the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), reports BNT.
Rusev will be charged with misappropriation of particularly large size in favour of third parties, which, according to Bulgaria's Penal Code is a felony.
Rusev was arrested on Friday in connection to the missing millions from the KTB vaults. They were allegedly taken out in cash in sacks and handed over to a third party, acting for the KTB majority shareholder Tsvetan Vasilev, who is also wanted by the prosecution.
According to the prosecution, Rusev personally authorised the cash withdrawal.
On Friday the KTB cashier Margarita Petrova was arrested for 72 hours and accused of “misappropriation of particularly large size”.
On Sunday the prosecution will demand the permanent arrest both for Rusev and Petrova, who are also charged with complicity.
Meanwhile, Tsvetan Vasilev told the bTV national channel he was not hiding and will return in Bulgaria “within the next few days”. Vasilev has been in Vienna since June.
- » Kronospan to Invest BGN 300 M in Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo
- » Bulgaria's Average Wage 'to Top BGN 1000 This Year'
- » Bulgaria Lags Behind in Attracting Foreign Investment - Industry Group
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Bulgaria's Energy System Stable, Minister Says
- » State Debt Decreases in EU, Bulgaria in Q3 2016