Mihail Mikov Blames BNB, Parliament For the KTB Crisis
Bulgaria's Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov blamed the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) and Parliament for the crisis with the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
Mikov told Darik radio that the BNB reaction was slow, while Parliament was too strict observing the Central Bank's independence.
“The National Assembly is also partly to blame, because we were too strict observing the independence of BNB,” Mikov said. “By law, Parliament cannot even give advice to BNB. And now BNB says it was the politicians' turn.”
According to Mikov, it was important that solutions are found, and fast, so “the public does not suffer”.
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News
- » Bulgaria Gov't Seeks to Reinstate Rumen Porozhanov as Agriculture Fund Head
- » Court Re-appoints ex-Head of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund
- » Bulgarian Police Cars to Be Equipped with GPS by end-2014 - IntMin
- » ABV 'Provides for Stability' of Bulgaria's Govt - Leader