Mihail Mikov Blames BNB, Parliament For the KTB Crisis
Bulgaria's Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov blamed the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) and Parliament for the crisis with the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
Mikov told Darik radio that the BNB reaction was slow, while Parliament was too strict observing the Central Bank's independence.
“The National Assembly is also partly to blame, because we were too strict observing the independence of BNB,” Mikov said. “By law, Parliament cannot even give advice to BNB. And now BNB says it was the politicians' turn.”
According to Mikov, it was important that solutions are found, and fast, so “the public does not suffer”.
- » Proposal to Ban Face-Covering Veils Also Tabled in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Election Rules: Bulgaria President to Decide on Veto in Days
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Leader Lashes Out at 1-Day Contracts
- » Author of Cartoons Taken Off Bulgaria TV Station Joins Slavi's Show
- » Bulgarian PM Slightly Lifts Veil On GERB’s Presidential Candidate
- » For First Time Woman Will Head Bulgaria's Penitentiary System