Mihail Mikov Blames BNB, Parliament For the KTB Crisis
Bulgaria's Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov blamed the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) and Parliament for the crisis with the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
Mikov told Darik radio that the BNB reaction was slow, while Parliament was too strict observing the Central Bank's independence.
“The National Assembly is also partly to blame, because we were too strict observing the independence of BNB,” Mikov said. “By law, Parliament cannot even give advice to BNB. And now BNB says it was the politicians' turn.”
According to Mikov, it was important that solutions are found, and fast, so “the public does not suffer”.
- » Bulgarian PM Warns of Rising Migration Pressure along Southern Border
- » Chief Prosecutor: 'Thin' Line between Anti-Terror Measures, Human Rights
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 45 Migrants Crossing into Serbia
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Welcomes Turkey Coup
- » Bulgaria, US to Boost Exchange of Data on Terrorism, Financial Crime
- » Bulgaria MPs to Hear Security, Law Enforcement Bodies over Turkey Coup