Mihail Mikov Blames BNB, Parliament For the KTB Crisis
Bulgaria's Speaker of Parliament Mihail Mikov blamed the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) and Parliament for the crisis with the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB).
Mikov told Darik radio that the BNB reaction was slow, while Parliament was too strict observing the Central Bank's independence.
“The National Assembly is also partly to blame, because we were too strict observing the independence of BNB,” Mikov said. “By law, Parliament cannot even give advice to BNB. And now BNB says it was the politicians' turn.”
According to Mikov, it was important that solutions are found, and fast, so “the public does not suffer”.
- » Parliament Passes Pension Insurance Changes amid Bitter Disputes
- » Bulgaria MPs Move to Hike Maximum Insurable Earnings
- » Bulgaria's GERB Postpones Controversial Changes to Pension Insurance
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Changes to IntMin Act at First Reading
- » Bulgarian MPs to Discuss Controversial Changes to Pension Insurance
- » RB Warns Proposed Change to Pension Law Might Destabilise Coalition