Sergey Stanishev to Seek Re-election as PES Leader
The outgoing Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergrey Stanishev who was elected MEP said he would not seek appointment as the Bulgarian European commissioner, reports Dnevnik.bg.
He, however, announced his ambitions to seek re-election as head of the Party of European Socialists (PES) in 2015, instead.
According to members of the BSP executive bureau, Stanishev said the commissioner was a “highly paid bureaucratic position”.
Stanishev, who ran for MEP and for months claimed he would not go to the European Parliament, eventually had a change of heart several weeks ago and became an MEP. Last week he said he will resign as BSP leader in the end of July.
- » ''Information Services'' Will Develop the Website of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » The Brussels Report on Bulgaria will be Released in November
- » By December 20 Bulgaria Will Have Exact Program of Its Presidency of the Council of EU
- » 250 000 BGN Will Cost the Office Equipment for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU
- » Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
- » The German Interior Minister is Skeptical About Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen
Sergey Stanishev is an able politician and him getting re-elected will be good for Bulgarias image in Europe.
Plus because he was born in the Ukraine it will serve the EUs interest to have a Ukranian by birth in a senior position in the EU.
As leader of PES he will have a big role in European Politics.
Optimistic with a full stop please get your own name.