Sergey Stanishev to Seek Re-election as PES Leader
The outgoing Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergrey Stanishev who was elected MEP said he would not seek appointment as the Bulgarian European commissioner, reports Dnevnik.bg.
He, however, announced his ambitions to seek re-election as head of the Party of European Socialists (PES) in 2015, instead.
According to members of the BSP executive bureau, Stanishev said the commissioner was a “highly paid bureaucratic position”.
Stanishev, who ran for MEP and for months claimed he would not go to the European Parliament, eventually had a change of heart several weeks ago and became an MEP. Last week he said he will resign as BSP leader in the end of July.
- » Bulgaria, Turkey PMs Urge Common European Approach to Migration Crisis
- » Bulgaria to Expand Harmanli Refugee Centre
- » Bulgaria Discussing Balkans Border Security with Germany
- » Interest in Bulgarian Citizenship Rises among Britons after Brexit
- » Bulgarian EU Presidency to Cost Estimated EUR 75 M
- » EC VP Kristalina Georgieva Denies Media Speculation of Being's GERB's Pick for President of Bulgaria
Sergey Stanishev is an able politician and him getting re-elected will be good for Bulgarias image in Europe.
Plus because he was born in the Ukraine it will serve the EUs interest to have a Ukranian by birth in a senior position in the EU.
As leader of PES he will have a big role in European Politics.
Optimistic with a full stop please get your own name.