Germany Footballers Decided Not To Humiliate Brazil
Germany's players made a half-time dressing room pact not to "humiliate" Brazil ?during their World Cup semifinal, reports The Mirror.
Defender Mats Hummels ?revealed he and his teammates spoke in the dressing room in Belo Horizonte after storming into a 5-0 interval lead.
They agreed not to 'show-boat', and, after their historic 7-1 semi-final win, Manchester United target Hummels explained: "We just made it clear that we had to stay focused and not try to humiliate them.
"We said we had to stay serious and concentrate at half-time. That's something you don't have to show on the pitch if you are playing.
"You have to show the opponent respect and it was very important that we did this and didn't try to show some magic or something like this. It was important we played our game for 90 minutes."
Brazil were left completely stunned ?by Germany's rampant victory but Hummels insists they must repeat their World Cup masterclass if they are to win the final on Sunday.
- » Madrid Derby In The Semifinals Of the Champions League
- » Grigor Dimitrov With 4th Following Loss
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd in World Ice Hockey Championship Division III
- » Grigor Dimitrov With Poor Start of Red Court Season
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes Silver Medalist in EU Weightlifting
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Viktoriya Tomova Reaches Istanbul Tennis Tournament Final