Parliament's Budget Committee Hears Central Bank Governor over KTB
Ivan Iskrov, Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has attended an extraordinary session at the Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament.
The meeting called by committee Chairman Yordan Tsonev, a Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MP) is dedicated to the results of an independent audit carried out at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank.
Earlier on Friday, BNB announced it would scrap the license of KTB and nationalize its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria as a consequence of the inspection's outcome, which showed the former bank was involved in activities contravening good legal and banking practices.
- » Bulgaria Objects to ‘Discriminatory’ Change to Greece’s Income Tax Code
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister Expects New Governor of Bulgarian National Bank by end-April
- » Bulgaria’s Gross External Debt at EUR 39 B in end-January
- » Bulgaria Repays EUR 1.5 B Bridge Loan
- » Bulgaria’s Bromak Objects to Judges Due to Rule on Scrapping of KTB’s Licence
- » Bulgarian Court Appoints Two Temporary Assignees at Failed KTB