Parliament's Budget Committee Hears Central Bank Governor over KTB
Ivan Iskrov, Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has attended an extraordinary session at the Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament.
The meeting called by committee Chairman Yordan Tsonev, a Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MP) is dedicated to the results of an independent audit carried out at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank.
Earlier on Friday, BNB announced it would scrap the license of KTB and nationalize its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria as a consequence of the inspection's outcome, which showed the former bank was involved in activities contravening good legal and banking practices.
- » FDI in Bulgaria Falls 34% Y/Y for January-May - C-Bank
- » Bulgaria, Iran to Deepen Economic Ties, Fight Against Tax, Customs Fraud
- » Inspections Along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast Brought Extra BGN 200 M in Revenues
- » Bulgaria Posts Budget Surplus of 3.1% of GDP for End-May
- » Bulgaria Expects BGN 3.09 Budget Surplus for H1 2016
- » Pensions in Bulgaria Increase by 2.6 %