Parliament's Budget Committee Hears Central Bank Governor over KTB
Ivan Iskrov, Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has attended an extraordinary session at the Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament.
The meeting called by committee Chairman Yordan Tsonev, a Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MP) is dedicated to the results of an independent audit carried out at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank.
Earlier on Friday, BNB announced it would scrap the license of KTB and nationalize its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria as a consequence of the inspection's outcome, which showed the former bank was involved in activities contravening good legal and banking practices.
- » Finance Minister Expects Bulgaria to Record Surplus in January
- » Banker Levon Hampartzoumian: Greek Banks In Bulgaria are Safe
- » Dimitar Kostov Nominated to Head Bulgaria's C-Bank Supervision Dept
- » Illegal Trade in Fuels Costs Bulgaria Over BGN 1 B
- » Deputy Governor of Bulgarian National Bank Dismissed by Parliament
- » EBRD Cuts 2015 GDP Growth Forecast for Bulgaria to 0.8%