Parliament's Budget Committee Hears Central Bank Governor over KTB
Ivan Iskrov, Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has attended an extraordinary session at the Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament.
The meeting called by committee Chairman Yordan Tsonev, a Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MP) is dedicated to the results of an independent audit carried out at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank.
Earlier on Friday, BNB announced it would scrap the license of KTB and nationalize its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria as a consequence of the inspection's outcome, which showed the former bank was involved in activities contravening good legal and banking practices.
- » Foreign Direct Investment in Bulgaria Down 6.9% Y/Y in Jan-Feb 2015
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: Central Bank's Actions on KTB 'Prove Dependencies'
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Boasts about Success of Newly Issued Bonds on Secondary Market
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Differentiated VAT Rates Are Tough to Administer
- » SMEs in Northwestern Bulgaria to be Granted EU Funds with Priority
- » Tsvetan Vasilev to Take Bulgaria to Court over KTB