Parliament's Budget Committee Hears Central Bank Governor over KTB
Ivan Iskrov, Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has attended an extraordinary session at the Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament.
The meeting called by committee Chairman Yordan Tsonev, a Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MP) is dedicated to the results of an independent audit carried out at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank.
Earlier on Friday, BNB announced it would scrap the license of KTB and nationalize its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria as a consequence of the inspection's outcome, which showed the former bank was involved in activities contravening good legal and banking practices.
- » Moody's: The Bulgarian Banking Sector is Improving
- » Greece Returned to the Financial Markets after 3 Year Pause
- » Bulgaria Seized More Than 600,000 Fake Goods at Its Borders for 2016
- » Monthly Inflation of -0.5 in June 2017
- » Bulgaria's Current Account Surplus Drops to 0.2% in 1st 5 Months of 2017
- » Germany Won More than EUR 1 Billion from the Greek Crises