Parliament's Budget Committee Hears Central Bank Governor over KTB
Ivan Iskrov, Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has attended an extraordinary session at the Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament.
The meeting called by committee Chairman Yordan Tsonev, a Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MP) is dedicated to the results of an independent audit carried out at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank.
Earlier on Friday, BNB announced it would scrap the license of KTB and nationalize its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria as a consequence of the inspection's outcome, which showed the former bank was involved in activities contravening good legal and banking practices.
- » Bulgaria's External Debt Lowest as of Decade
- » Total Turnover Index in Transportation and Storage Sector up 2.4% in Q1 2017
- » International Monetary Fund: ‘Bulgaria Needs Further Banking Supervision Strengthening’
- » Accession to Eurozone Remains Top Priority for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Will Work to Attract More Italian Investors
- » Bulgaria’s Current Balance Shows Deficit of EUR 254M