Parliament's Budget Committee Hears Central Bank Governor over KTB
Ivan Iskrov, Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) has attended an extraordinary session at the Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament.
The meeting called by committee Chairman Yordan Tsonev, a Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MP) is dedicated to the results of an independent audit carried out at the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), Bulgaria's fourth-largest bank.
Earlier on Friday, BNB announced it would scrap the license of KTB and nationalize its subsidiary Credit Agricole Bulgaria as a consequence of the inspection's outcome, which showed the former bank was involved in activities contravening good legal and banking practices.
- » Bulgaria's Troubled Corpbank No Longer A Bidder for Hypo Alpe Adria
- » Bulgaria's Parliament to Hold Extraordinary Sitting on Budget Update
- » GERB Party: Kalin Hristov Must Become Bulgarian National Bank Governor
- » Sofia Heating Utility CEO Dismissed over KTB Assets
- » Over BGN 1 B Withdrawn From Bulgarian Banks In June
- » Bulgarian National Bank Reports Increase in Bank Deposits