Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Summons KTB Owner Tsvetan Vasilev
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov will request the return to Bulgaria of Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) majority shareholder Tsvetan Vasilev, said the prosecution.
He will be summoned “in accordance with the international legal cooperation” in connection to the missing money from the KTB vaults.
According to the statement, published on the Prosecutor's Office website, the prosecution has started an investigation for “the illegal withdrawal of unusually large sums on June 19, 2014”.
The sums of EUR 93 139 500, BGN 23 657 575 and USD 45 000, equalling to a total of BGN 205 887 223 were “taken out of the bank vaults, in cash, in sacks”.
According to the prosecution, Orlin Rusev, chairperson of the KTB Managerial Board and Executive Director of the bank was arrested today in the seaside town of Sozopol. On him the prosecution has “proof that personally ordered those sums to be taken out of the bank vault and given to third parties”.
Chief KTB cashier Margarita Petrova was arrested for 72 hours for “misappropriation of particularly large size”, which is a felony punishable by Bulgaria's Penal Code. According to the prosecution Petrova took the money out of the vault in sacks and gave them to third parties.
- » Ѕtatistics Show Growth in GDP and Final Consuption
- » At the End of June 2017 Currency in Circulation on the Domestic Market Reached BGN 14. 214b
- » Bitcoin Keeps on Breaking Records
- » Statistics Show Growth of Incomes and Spending in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in Bulgaria Reaches 1% Since Beginning of 2017
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria – Up by Nearly 10%