Nikopol, Turnu Magurele Best Location for New Danube Bridge - Experts
The best location for the construction of the third bridge over the Danube river connecting Bulgaria and Romania is at Nikopol – Turnu Magurele, according to the experts.
The route of the new Danube bridge was discussed at a workshop, Thursday in Ruse with the participation of the governors of Ruse, Pleven, Silistra and Vratsa, their Romanian colleagues, and the mayors of the involved municipalities.
The construction of the bridge at the Bulgarian city of Nikopol and the Romanian Turnu Magurele was approved by most of the experts. According to a World Bank report for 2013, the facility will connect the highway to Craiova with the Hemus highway, and will also provide connection to the Pan-European Corridor IV, Darik news reports.
The height of the bridge will be at least 20.5 meters. There will be at least two roadways with two lanes each, and possibly a railway.
The route will be selected at a meeting in Bucharest to be held in end-July or in August. The other three options for the location of the third bridge over Danube are between the cities of Silistra and Calarasi, Oryahovo and Bechet, and Ruse and Giurgiu.
The decision will be based on the detailed analysis which will take into account the technical parameters, the transport network connection, the cost, the social and economic impact, and the impact on the environment.
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgarians to Have Four Long Weekends in 2016
- » Bulgarian National Bank Presents New BGN 2 Coin
- » Telenor Bulgaria to Offer 4G Services from Next Month
- » Bulgaria, China to Deepen Cooperation in Infrastructure, Nuclear Power
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes