Interior Minister: We Are Investigating A Serious Felony
There are indications for a serious felony and we are investigating it, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev told journalists in Parliament.
He did not specify who is under investigation, but said that “obviously money, which was supposed to be in the vault (of the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB)), is missing”.
Earlier on Friday the managerial board of Bulgaria's central bank BNB said at a news conference that between June 18 and 20, a day before it was placed under supervision, from KTB were withdrawn almost BGN 1 B and was missing information on credits for about BGN 3.5 B.
“Information on credits for about BGN 3.5 B is also missing and is most likely destroyed,” BNB said.
Meanwhile, the Bulgarian National Radio reports that former minister of culture Vezhdi Rashidov last night received an anonymous letter. It was signed by initials and claims that the majority KTB share holder Tsvetan Vasilev withdrew BGN 1.7 B from the bank and took them out of the country with his private jet.
Rashidov referred the letter to the prosecutor's office. The prosecution refused to comment and said it was preparing a press statement, which will include this letter.
Rashidov, who is a renowned sculptor, has publicly complained that all his life savings, amounting to BGN 2.5 M were in KTB.
- » Airplane Tickets Prices Up by 28.6% in December
- » Bulgaria's Stock Exchange Reports BGN 5 M More in Turnover for 2016
- » Debt of 12 Bulgarian Municipalities Increases by 500%
- » Bulgarian C-Bank Data on FDI 'Incorrect', Investment Agency Head Says
- » BNB Introduces Register of Bank Accounts, Safes
- » Tax Filing Season Begins in Bulgaria