Undercover Police Officers to Patrol in Bulgaria's Seaside Resorts
Undercover police officers will keep tourists safe from thieves in the Bulgarian Black Sea resorts this summer.
The policemen will be dressed in plain clothes without badges in order to easily blend with the tourist crowds, private TV station BTV reports. The officers will patrol in pairs - one local and one detached Ministry of Interior employee.
The police officers are familiar with the pickpockets' tricks who come from all over the country to the seaside resort in the summer.
The crime prevention takes effect. The police claim that street crime has decreased. The most vulnerable are the tourists who had too much to drink, especially at night.
- » Over 1,000 Cruise Passengers Arrive at Burgas Port
- » 15th Edition of Food and Beverage Tourism Fair Held in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Airport Reports Strong Growth of Passengers
- » 170,000 Foreign Tourists Visit Bulgaria During Easter Holiday
- » The Post Office: Bulgaria - The Cheapest Beach Holiday Destination
- » Sunny Beach is Best Value Destination For British Tourists