Undercover Police Officers to Patrol in Bulgaria's Seaside Resorts
Undercover police officers will keep tourists safe from thieves in the Bulgarian Black Sea resorts this summer.
The policemen will be dressed in plain clothes without badges in order to easily blend with the tourist crowds, private TV station BTV reports. The officers will patrol in pairs - one local and one detached Ministry of Interior employee.
The police officers are familiar with the pickpockets' tricks who come from all over the country to the seaside resort in the summer.
The crime prevention takes effect. The police claim that street crime has decreased. The most vulnerable are the tourists who had too much to drink, especially at night.
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Bulgaria's Deputy EconMin Proposes Separate Tourism Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Winter Tourism to See 4.5-5% Growth in 2014 – Branimir Botev
- » Bulgaria To Spend BGN 7 M On Tourism Promotion
- » Bulgarians' Trips Abroad Rise By Almost 10% In September
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians