Nine Russian Millionaires Granted Bulgarian Citizenship in 2013
Nine Russian citizens, each of whom has invested over BGN 1M in Bulgaria have requested to receive Bulgarian citizenship in 2013.
All of them have applied under the procedure for permanent residence in Bulgaria which requires BGN 1M investments and at least 5 years residence in the country. The Russian citizens have invested their money in property, said Deputy Minister of Justice Iliya Angelov in an interview for 24 Chasa Daily.
In 2013, a total of 17,512 people applied for Bulgarian citizenship, 16,608 of them on the basis of Bulgarian origin, Angelov said. Some 7,954 of all applicants have been granted citizenship, of whom 4852 or over 60% were Macedonians.
A total of 248 people have requested to renounce Bulgarian citizenship in 2013, 238 have been granted permission.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Presidential Candidate Hits Campaign Trail
- » Bulgaria’s ABV Party Backs Rumen Radev for President
- » Bulgaria Grants Refugee Status to 357 People in Jan-July 2016
- » Bulgarian Socialists Nominate Rumen Radev to Run in Presidential Elections 2016
- » Junior Coalition Partner Demands Explanation Why Bulgarian Govt Turned over Abdullah Buyuk to Turkey
- » Bulgaria to Set up Checkpoints on Minor Roads to Thwart Migrant Smuggling