Bulgarian Doctors Stage Protest, Threaten to Resign
Bulgarian doctors are staging a protest, Friday, demanding a quick update of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) budget.
The medics threatened to hand in their resignations if there is a lack of commitment by the government in favor of the update by next Tuesday. Bulgaria's opposition GERB party MPs have announced that they will once again boycott the parliamentary session if the government does not present a draft NHIF budget update on Friday, Nova TV reports.
During the week, the Management Board of the NHIF has approved an update of its budget by BGN 328M. The document was submitted to the Health Ministry, however the Health Minister has requested more data and analysis from the Health Insurance Fund. Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski has then claimed that the presented data showed there was no need for the NHIF budget to be updated, Dnevnik reminds.
The medical protest will began at 12 o'clock, Friday and will continue for half an hour.
- » The Kindergartens in Varna Offer Free Training in all Kinds of Sports
- » Delays in Distributing Food to Socially Disadvantaged People
- » Incident with Bulgaria's Only "Spartan"
- » New Influenza Virus was Detected in Bulgaria
- » Malaysia Airlines Aircraft Made an Emergency Landing in Australia
- » The Pope Urged for Hospitality Towards Immigrants