Bulgarian Doctors Stage Protest, Threaten to Resign
Bulgarian doctors are staging a protest, Friday, demanding a quick update of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) budget.
The medics threatened to hand in their resignations if there is a lack of commitment by the government in favor of the update by next Tuesday. Bulgaria's opposition GERB party MPs have announced that they will once again boycott the parliamentary session if the government does not present a draft NHIF budget update on Friday, Nova TV reports.
During the week, the Management Board of the NHIF has approved an update of its budget by BGN 328M. The document was submitted to the Health Ministry, however the Health Minister has requested more data and analysis from the Health Insurance Fund. Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski has then claimed that the presented data showed there was no need for the NHIF budget to be updated, Dnevnik reminds.
The medical protest will began at 12 o'clock, Friday and will continue for half an hour.
- » Crew Members of Seized Vessel Maersk Tigris Now Released
- » 'Bulgaria is Super Cool' Campaign Provokes Sofia Citizens
- » Landslides Hamper Access to Bulgarian Resort in Rhodope Mountains
- » More Tickets Released Prior to The Godfather Screening
- » Bulgarian PR Expert Maxim Behar Elected Co-Chair of Davos Forum
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals