Bulgarian Opposition MP Deposits His Resignation
Georgi Elenkov, a lawmaker from center-right GERB, has decided to step down.
Elenkov replaced former GERB MP, who left the party in February to become "independent" (but informally represented non-parliamentary Bulgaria without Censorship) and quit the National Assembly last week.
Stefanov's move to resign as member of Parliament allowed GERB, the party in the list of which he had been elected, to look for a substitute out of its own ranks.
- » Bulgaria’s Top Prosecutor to Be Able to Suspend Commercial Deals, Draft Says
- » UNHCR Urges Bulgaria to Investigate Refugee Deaths at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria MPs Dismiss Opposition Demand to Review Sanctions on Russia
- » MEP Claims to Have 'Co-organized' Bulgaria's Summer Protests in 2013
- » 281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
- » Bulgaria Unveils Plans to Increase Retirement Age, Pension Insurance Payments