Bulgaria's IT Market Continues to Grow
The IT market in Bulgaria continues to grow, shows a survey of Computerworld magazine on the Top 100 ICT companies in the country.
In 2013 the turnover of the largest companies in the sector surpassed BGN 1.57 B and grew by 21%, compared to 2012.
One third of the market is for distribution of hardware, software and communications products. The second spot is for the outsourcing services with 17.2%. Third is the system integration sector with 17.2% of the IT market in Bulgaria.
The segment of export of IT products and solutions posted a record growth of 36%, shows the Computerworld survey. It is one of the main driving forces of the sector in the country and accounts for one third of its total revenues.
As a whole, however, the IT sector, together with telecoms, accounts for only about 5% of Bulgaria's GDP, with a revenue of BGN 3.955 B.
Compared to the IT sector, in 2013 the telecom services sector posted a 10% drop, year-on-year – mostly because of shrinking consumption of such services and the regulatory pressure for lower prices.
Leader in the Top 100 list is the outsourcing center of Hewlett-Packard – Global Delivery Center with income of BGN 233.1 M. It is followed by the distributors of hardware equipment Most Computers with income of BGN 152.2 M and Polycomp with BGN 128.3 M, the Bulgarian producer of cash registers, electronic scales, digital maps and POS terminals Datecs with BGN 106.2 M and another distributor – Solytron with BGN 104 M.
The top 10 is completed by the software and hardware distribution company Asbis, the system integrator Stemo, the supplier of telecommunications equipment Telelink and the Bulgarian branches of the developers SAP and VMWare.
In the Computerworld Top 100 2013 survey took part 106 IT companies and 12 telecommunications companies.
- » In the Industrial Zone of Burgas over 50 Million Leva have Been Invested.
- » Boyko Borissov and Theresa May Discussed Cooperation on Migration and Security
- » UN: 1300 Refugees Blocked in Libya must be Admitted to Other Countries
- » More than 60% of the Companies will Give out Bonuses for Christmas
- » In the Period January - October 2017 Bulgarian Exports to 3rd Countries Increased by 15.9%
- » The EU Gives EUR 355 Million to Start-up Companies in Bulgaria