3rd Bulgarian–Romanian Danube Bridge Location Selected in 2 Months
The best location for the construction of a third bridge over the Danube river connecting Bulgaria and Romania will be specified within two months.
Four options for the new facility have been brought up for discussion, Darik news informs.
The third bridge over Danube may be located between the Bulgarian city of Silistra and Calarasi, Nikopol and Turnu Magurele, Oryahovo and Bechet or it may be constructed next to the first Danube bridge at Ruse and Giurgiu.
The first Danube bridge was put into operation 60 years ago, and experts have claimed that a second one can be built there which will meet all modern requirements.
The site for the new facility will be determined after specifying the socioeconomic development of the regions.
A workshop is held Thursday in Ruse with the participation of the governors of Ruse, Pleven, Silistra and Vratsa, their Romanian colleagues, and the mayors of the involved municipalities, Darik news reports.
The discussion is organized within the project for a common spatial development strategy of the border region Romania – Bulgaria. The project will be funded under the Danube region strategy or the operational programs.
- » National Revenue Agency Boasts Increase in Rental Income Taxes
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: There Is No Agreement On South Stream Transit Fees
- » KTB Shareholders Seek Sofia Meeting to Prepare Rescue Plan
- » Concerts, Fashion Shows Attract Visitors to Mega Mall Opening in Sofia
- » Oscar Pistorius Found Guilty Of 'Culpable Homicide'
- » KTB Can Be Rescued Without Special Law or Public Funds, Experts Agree