3rd Bulgarian–Romanian Danube Bridge Location Selected in 2 Months
The best location for the construction of a third bridge over the Danube river connecting Bulgaria and Romania will be specified within two months.
Four options for the new facility have been brought up for discussion, Darik news informs.
The third bridge over Danube may be located between the Bulgarian city of Silistra and Calarasi, Nikopol and Turnu Magurele, Oryahovo and Bechet or it may be constructed next to the first Danube bridge at Ruse and Giurgiu.
The first Danube bridge was put into operation 60 years ago, and experts have claimed that a second one can be built there which will meet all modern requirements.
The site for the new facility will be determined after specifying the socioeconomic development of the regions.
A workshop is held Thursday in Ruse with the participation of the governors of Ruse, Pleven, Silistra and Vratsa, their Romanian colleagues, and the mayors of the involved municipalities, Darik news reports.
The discussion is organized within the project for a common spatial development strategy of the border region Romania – Bulgaria. The project will be funded under the Danube region strategy or the operational programs.
- » Bulgaria's PM Plamen Oresharski Resigns
- » Bulgarian President to Turn 1st Sod on Scientific&Tech Park in Sofia
- » Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with Kosovo
- » Bulgarian National Bank Reports Increase in Bank Deposits
- » Bulgaria's State Debt Rose by BGN 1 B in June
- » Class A Office Space Rental Rates in Sofia Record 8.3% Growth Y/Y