Bulgaria Has the Highest Mortality Rate in EU
Bulgaria has the highest mortality rate in the EU, shows data of Eurostat.
It has a mortality rate of 14.4 per mill and a negative population increase rate of -5.2 per mill.
Bulgaria is in the top position among the 13 EU countries with negative population growth.
In 2013 in Bulgaria were born 66 600 babies and died 104 300 people. In 2013 the population of the country decreased by 38 900, of which 1100 emigrated.
Highest EU birth rates were recorded in France, Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and Sweden.
- » Landslides Hamper Access to Bulgarian Resort in Rhodope Mountains
- » More Tickets Released Prior to The Godfather Screening
- » Bulgarian PR Expert Maxim Behar Elected Co-Chair of Davos Forum
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgarian Student 'Opens Fire, Wounds 4' in Odessa
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Host Prestigious Wine Contest in 2016