Bulgaria Has the Highest Mortality Rate in EU
Bulgaria has the highest mortality rate in the EU, shows data of Eurostat.
It has a mortality rate of 14.4 per mill and a negative population increase rate of -5.2 per mill.
Bulgaria is in the top position among the 13 EU countries with negative population growth.
In 2013 in Bulgaria were born 66 600 babies and died 104 300 people. In 2013 the population of the country decreased by 38 900, of which 1100 emigrated.
Highest EU birth rates were recorded in France, Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and Sweden.
- » Road Agency Chief Warns about Shortage of Funds for Winter Maintenance
- » 8,000 New Jobs Created in Bulgaria Under Employment Project
- » Two Syrian Children Detained in Bulgaria’s Veliko Tarnovo
- » Bulgaria’s Kaspichan Holds Referendum on Medical Waste Incineration Plant
- » Man Dies after Falling Down Elevator Shaft in Sofia
- » Thracian Temple In Starosel Is Falling Apart