Bulgaria Has the Highest Mortality Rate in EU
Bulgaria has the highest mortality rate in the EU, shows data of Eurostat.
It has a mortality rate of 14.4 per mill and a negative population increase rate of -5.2 per mill.
Bulgaria is in the top position among the 13 EU countries with negative population growth.
In 2013 in Bulgaria were born 66 600 babies and died 104 300 people. In 2013 the population of the country decreased by 38 900, of which 1100 emigrated.
Highest EU birth rates were recorded in France, Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and Sweden.
- » Northern Lights Film Festival Begins in Sofia on Wednesday
- » Bulgarian Students' Disturbing PISA Results Show Need for New Teaching Methods
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Festival Added to UNESCO Heritage List
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Anti-Migrant Protest Held in Bulgarian Border Town
- » St Nicholas Day Marked in Bulgaria on Tuesday