Bulgaria Has the Highest Mortality Rate in EU
Bulgaria has the highest mortality rate in the EU, shows data of Eurostat.
It has a mortality rate of 14.4 per mill and a negative population increase rate of -5.2 per mill.
Bulgaria is in the top position among the 13 EU countries with negative population growth.
In 2013 in Bulgaria were born 66 600 babies and died 104 300 people. In 2013 the population of the country decreased by 38 900, of which 1100 emigrated.
Highest EU birth rates were recorded in France, Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and Sweden.
- » Head of Bulgaria's National Theater Steps Down
- » Excavations Unveil One of Five Most Important Temples for Bulgarian Archaeology
- » Sofia Gallery to Host Major Christo / Jeanne-Claude Exhibition for 1st Time
- » Enrique Iglesias to Hold First Individual Concert in Bulgaria on December 14
- » Bulgarian Invents Watch Capable of Translating Words in Two Seconds
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’