Bulgaria Has the Highest Mortality Rate in EU
Bulgaria has the highest mortality rate in the EU, shows data of Eurostat.
It has a mortality rate of 14.4 per mill and a negative population increase rate of -5.2 per mill.
Bulgaria is in the top position among the 13 EU countries with negative population growth.
In 2013 in Bulgaria were born 66 600 babies and died 104 300 people. In 2013 the population of the country decreased by 38 900, of which 1100 emigrated.
Highest EU birth rates were recorded in France, Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and Sweden.
- » Hurricane Maria Regains Strength After Battering Dominica
- » Paris Climate Aim 'Still Achievable'
- » 215,000 Eggs Containing Fipronil Were Found in Plovdiv
- » NIMH: Mostly sunny weather today, with temperatures of up to 29°-34°
- » Scientists Predict Climate Catastrophe by 2100
- » Students Introduce Projects for the Renovation of Varna