Argentina Defeats Netherlands, Reaches World Cup Finals
Argentina will meet Germany in World Cup final at the Maracana on Sunday after winning a penalty shootout with 4:2 to eliminate the Netherlands.
With the score locked at 0-0 after extra time, Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero was the hero, saving kicks from Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to take his country into the final for the first time since 1990.
Maxi Rodriguez converted the fourth and ultimately decisive penalty for Argentina and the Netherlands fell short again, having also lost on spot kicks in the 1998 semifinal while finishing as runners-up on three occasions.
The Netherlands will face host Brazil on Saturday in the third-place game.
- » Israeli Football Players Attacked by CSKA Fans in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Leading Telecom Becomes Sponsor of Levski Sofia Football Club
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Brazilian Left Back as Eighth New Player
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Proceeds to Second Round of ITF Tournament in Poland
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix