Argentina Defeats Netherlands, Reaches World Cup Finals
Argentina will meet Germany in World Cup final at the Maracana on Sunday after winning a penalty shootout with 4:2 to eliminate the Netherlands.
With the score locked at 0-0 after extra time, Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero was the hero, saving kicks from Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to take his country into the final for the first time since 1990.
Maxi Rodriguez converted the fourth and ultimately decisive penalty for Argentina and the Netherlands fell short again, having also lost on spot kicks in the 1998 semifinal while finishing as runners-up on three occasions.
The Netherlands will face host Brazil on Saturday in the third-place game.
- » Champions League: Ludogorets Defeated by PSG in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face 'Nightmare' Schwartzman in Chengdu
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again