Code Yellow Issued in 7 Districts over Risk of Hail, Thunderstorms
Code Yellow was issued in 7 districts in Bulgaria on Thursday, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology with the Bulgarian Academy of Science announced.
The warning code is valid for the municipalities of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo and Veliko Tarnovo. The code has been issued over short torrential rains and thunderstorms, as well as due to a risk of hailstorms.
Hailstorms are more likely to occur in the western and the central regions of Northern Bulgaria.
The daily temperatures on July 10 will remain high - the maximum will be between 30 degrees C and 35 degrees C, in Sofia 30 degrees C.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels