Code Yellow Issued in 7 Districts over Risk of Hail, Thunderstorms
Code Yellow was issued in 7 districts in Bulgaria on Thursday, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology with the Bulgarian Academy of Science announced.
The warning code is valid for the municipalities of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Pleven, Lovech, Gabrovo and Veliko Tarnovo. The code has been issued over short torrential rains and thunderstorms, as well as due to a risk of hailstorms.
Hailstorms are more likely to occur in the western and the central regions of Northern Bulgaria.
The daily temperatures on July 10 will remain high - the maximum will be between 30 degrees C and 35 degrees C, in Sofia 30 degrees C.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday