Bulgaria's Customs Destroy 28 Million Illicit Cigarettes
Over 28 million cigarettes intended for illegal distribution have been destroyed, the press center of Bulgaria's Customs Agency announced.
The illicit cigarettes were burned in the furnaces of Holcim Bulgaria under the supervision of the Southwestern customs office. The cigarettes were of various brands and did not have Bulgarian excise bands, specified by the Agency.
The illicit excise goods were seized in recent years by the Customs at the checkpoints Logodazh, Zlatarevo and Gueshevo, as well as at Kulata and Ilinden.
The confiscation of the cigarettes has prevented damage to the budget of more than BGN 5.2M from excise duty.
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man
- » 28-Year-Old Man Wounded in Shoting in Sofia
- » Sofia Central Bus Station Evacuated Over Unattended Luggage
- » Balkan Drug Lord Dragoslav Kosmajac Arrested in Montenegro