Bulgaria's Customs Destroy 28 Million Illicit Cigarettes
Over 28 million cigarettes intended for illegal distribution have been destroyed, the press center of Bulgaria's Customs Agency announced.
The illicit cigarettes were burned in the furnaces of Holcim Bulgaria under the supervision of the Southwestern customs office. The cigarettes were of various brands and did not have Bulgarian excise bands, specified by the Agency.
The illicit excise goods were seized in recent years by the Customs at the checkpoints Logodazh, Zlatarevo and Gueshevo, as well as at Kulata and Ilinden.
The confiscation of the cigarettes has prevented damage to the budget of more than BGN 5.2M from excise duty.
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria
- » Spanish Police Bust International Crime Ring for Stealing Cars
- » Authorities Seized 17 Illegal Migrants near Kostinbrod