Bulgaria's Customs Destroy 28 Million Illicit Cigarettes
Over 28 million cigarettes intended for illegal distribution have been destroyed, the press center of Bulgaria's Customs Agency announced.
The illicit cigarettes were burned in the furnaces of Holcim Bulgaria under the supervision of the Southwestern customs office. The cigarettes were of various brands and did not have Bulgarian excise bands, specified by the Agency.
The illicit excise goods were seized in recent years by the Customs at the checkpoints Logodazh, Zlatarevo and Gueshevo, as well as at Kulata and Ilinden.
The confiscation of the cigarettes has prevented damage to the budget of more than BGN 5.2M from excise duty.
- » GERB MP Agrees to Have Immunity Lifted over Investigation
- » Arrested Attacker Confesses to Armed Robbery Attempt in Bulgaria’s Sredetz
- » Two People Killed in Two Separate Incidents in Southern Bulgaria
- » Attempt for Armed Robbery Leaves One Attacker Dead in Bulgaria's Sredets
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring