Hail Destroys Crops, Causes Damages in Northwestern Bulgaria
Hailstones the size of a walnut and bigger have hit Bulgaria's northwestern Montana and Boychinovtsi municipalities, Tuesday.
The hailstorm occurred in Montana approximately at the same time as it ravaged the capital city of Sofia, Tuesday at 5pm.
The heavy storm has broken windows, windshields, and has destroyed many crops, gardens and orchards, Dnes.bg informs.
The streets of Montana are covered with leaves, tree branches, parts of the town have been flooded.
The local meteorological station informed that in15 minutes about 17 liters per square meter of rain and ice have poured down the town of Montana.
The local village Marchevo has suffered serious damages. The huge pieces of ice have completely destroyed the agricultural production in the area.
The municipalities of Montana and Boychinovtsi are yet to assess the damages from the disaster, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency informs.
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Seek Permanent Detention for Four Men over Radnevo Beating
- » Protesters Clash with Police Near Roma Areas of Bulgaria's Radnevo
- » Sofia Science Festival to Feature Rosetta Mission's Chief Scientist
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible
- » Bulgarian Faithful Hold Easter Procession with 'Virgin Mary Icon'
- » Bulgaria Enforces Restrictions to Truck Movement for Holiday Returns