Hail Destroys Crops, Causes Damages in Northwestern Bulgaria
Hailstones the size of a walnut and bigger have hit Bulgaria's northwestern Montana and Boychinovtsi municipalities, Tuesday.
The hailstorm occurred in Montana approximately at the same time as it ravaged the capital city of Sofia, Tuesday at 5pm.
The heavy storm has broken windows, windshields, and has destroyed many crops, gardens and orchards, Dnes.bg informs.
The streets of Montana are covered with leaves, tree branches, parts of the town have been flooded.
The local meteorological station informed that in15 minutes about 17 liters per square meter of rain and ice have poured down the town of Montana.
The local village Marchevo has suffered serious damages. The huge pieces of ice have completely destroyed the agricultural production in the area.
The municipalities of Montana and Boychinovtsi are yet to assess the damages from the disaster, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency informs.
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Hosts Documentary, Animation Film Festival
- » Bulgarian President – Fighting Climate Change Could Have Economic Benefits
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Bulgaria 'Should Accept More Migrants' to Overcome Demographic Crisis