Bulgarian Govt Allocates BGN 1.2M for Anti-Hail Missiles
A day after a devastating hailstorm hit Sofia, the government has decided to allocate additional BGN 3.4M to the Ministry of Agriculture, BGN 1.2M of which is for anti-hail missiles.
The government press office stated that despite the sufficient quantity of anti-hail missiles, due to the intense and unstable climate situation, over 200% more missiles have been used in May only, Capital Daily reports.
Though well prepared, Bulgaria's Hail Suppression Agency is not allowed to use missiles over cities due to a risk of falling debris, therefore the hail cloud over Sofia could not be dispersed.
The agency has a very accurate radar monitoring system which transmits real time information to the Civil Defense and the Air Force therefore Sofia citizens could have been warned of the severe hailstorm that hit the city Tuesday afternoon, claimed one life and caused serious damages. There was the option to disperse the hail cloud before it reached the capital too, Capital Daily argues.
- » Greek Ferry with Bulgarians On Board Sinks near Corfu
- » 27-Year Old Woman Dies as Romanian Bus Overturns at Bulgaria’s Hainboaz Pass
- » Two Dead Bodies Found at Bulgaria’s Southern Black Sea Coast
- » Algeria Hackers Attack Bulgarian Culture Ministry's Website
- » Photo of Young and Beautiful Bulgarian Primary School Teacher Goes Viral
- » Banker Tsvetan Vasilev 'Feeling Betrayed by Everybody'