Hundreds Queue In Front Of Insurance Companies After Raging Hailstorm
Hundreds of owners of damaged cars have been queuing in front of the insurance companies offices in Sofia after Tuesday's severe hailstorm.
Some of them claim to have been waiting since Tuesday night, Nova TV reports.
Insurance companies informed they will provide simplified procedures and quick payment of compensations to customers whose property was damaged by the hail.
A number of companies have extended their office hours for damage registrations as well as the deadline for compensation applications, Standart news informs.
Meanwhile, additional mobile teams will register damages on the scene in areas where more damages have been reported.
In order to avoid more queues outside the offices, the deadline for registration of damaged property in the different companies will be extended between two weeks and 30 days after the hailstorm.
Insurance companies are expected to pay off compensation for the damages caused by the hail within a week, the secretary of the Association of Insurance Brokers Vasimir Radulov told Bulgarian National Radio.
Radulov pointed out that insurance companies and brokers have started working last night after the storm. The offices will have extended working hours, additional offices have been opened too.
- » Bulgaria's President Pays Tribute to Victims of Communist Rule
- » Worker Dies in Blast in Bulgaria's Arsenal
- » Bulgarian Is Spoken by 15 Million People Worldwide
- » EU Commission Office in Sofia Evacuated over Fire
- » Bulgaria's National Art Gallery Square 500 Hosts Indonesian Batik, Bali Art Exhibition
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak