One in Four Bulgarian Women Victim of Domestic Violence
One in four Bulgarian women is a victim of domestic violence, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency informs.
“The share of domestic violence increases to 29% for women between the ages of 15 and mature age,”Genoveva Tisheva, chair of the Bulgarian Alliance for Protection against Domestic Violence says.
A new campaign against domestic violence has been launched Tuesday, July 8. The goal is to help victims overcome barriers and talk about their problem, Nova Tv informs.
The share of women victims of domestic violence in the European Union is about 33%. Of those, some 22 percent are subjected to abuse and violence coming from their partners.
According to data presented by Bulgaria's MEP Antonia Parvanova during a discussion on combating violence against women in March 2014, Each day in the EU seven women die because of domestic violence.
According to the analysis between 20 and 25% of adult women in the EU are victims of physical abuse. In more than 10% this is sexual violence. A total of 45% of women become victims of violence in their lifetime.
- » Refugee Center in Bulgaria’s Kovatchevtsi Faces Closure
- » Sofia City Courts Acquits Activists For Painting Monument
- » Archaeological Excavations At Perperikon To Continue Next Year
- » Sofia History Museum To Host European Heritage Days
- » Sofia Metro To Reach Airport In April
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film