Damages in Flood-Hit Dobrich Region to Cost Over BGN 30M
A total of BGN 30.629M are needed for the repair of the damages in the flood-striken Bulgarian municipalities of Dobrich, Dobrich province and Balchik.
The most severe damages were recorded in Dobrich and are estimated at BGN 28.6M, Dnevnik reports. The other two municipalities Dobrich province and Balchik will need BGN 1.1M and BGN 882 thousand, respectively.
The costs include destroyed and damaged infrastructure, private homes and property repairs, cleaning the flood affected areas. A total of 738 applications for residential property damage were filed in the Dobrich Municipality, Dnevnik informs.
Meanwhile, volunteers organized in the social network, have been visiting the flood victims taking an inventory of the destroyed furniture and property in order for donations to be distributed accordingly.
The repair works in the other flood-ravaged Bulgarian city of Varna have cost BGN 3.6M so far, mayor Ivan Portnih said for Focus radio.
- » Woman Finds Hand Grenade In Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Child Mortality Is 2 Times Higher Than EU's
- » Spain's 'Cultural Earthquake' to Rock Sofia in 2015
- » Sofia Woman Finds Hand Grenade at Her Door
- » Bulgarian Miners Go on Underground Strike near Burgas
- » Children Subject to Violence, Deprivation at Bulgarian Reformatories - NGO