Unemployment Rates in Bulgaria Post Slight Decline in June
Unemployment rates in Bulgaria have recorded a slight decrease in June, according to the National Employment Agency.
A total of 10.7% of Bulgarians were unemployed in June which is some 0.5 percent less than the levels recorded in May.
In June, the unemployment rates marked the most dramatic decline since 2004 - some 16,000 fewer unemployed.
However, more than 350 000 job seekers have been registered in the public employment offices countrywide as opposed to only 6000 job vacancies, Nova TV informs.
Youth unemployment remains a grave problem in the country - about 59,000 people under 29 are looking for a job, the data of the National Employment Agency suggests.
The highest demand for workers is in the manufacturing, marketing and hospitality.
- » Bulgaria’s Health Ministry Mulls 3-10% Tax on Junk Food
- » Rally Driver Dies, Co-Driver Injured after Heavy Crash Near Bulgaria's Tvarditsa
- » Austria Embassy Suspicious Package 'False Alarm'
- » Suspicious Package Found at Austrian Embassy in Sofia
- » Sofia Pride to Take Place Saturday
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival