Unemployment Rates in Bulgaria Post Slight Decline in June
Unemployment rates in Bulgaria have recorded a slight decrease in June, according to the National Employment Agency.
A total of 10.7% of Bulgarians were unemployed in June which is some 0.5 percent less than the levels recorded in May.
In June, the unemployment rates marked the most dramatic decline since 2004 - some 16,000 fewer unemployed.
However, more than 350 000 job seekers have been registered in the public employment offices countrywide as opposed to only 6000 job vacancies, Nova TV informs.
Youth unemployment remains a grave problem in the country - about 59,000 people under 29 are looking for a job, the data of the National Employment Agency suggests.
The highest demand for workers is in the manufacturing, marketing and hospitality.
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister
- » Man Presumed Dead After Blast at Bulgarian Hunting Ammo Factory