Unemployment Rates in Bulgaria Post Slight Decline in June
Unemployment rates in Bulgaria have recorded a slight decrease in June, according to the National Employment Agency.
A total of 10.7% of Bulgarians were unemployed in June which is some 0.5 percent less than the levels recorded in May.
In June, the unemployment rates marked the most dramatic decline since 2004 - some 16,000 fewer unemployed.
However, more than 350 000 job seekers have been registered in the public employment offices countrywide as opposed to only 6000 job vacancies, Nova TV informs.
Youth unemployment remains a grave problem in the country - about 59,000 people under 29 are looking for a job, the data of the National Employment Agency suggests.
The highest demand for workers is in the manufacturing, marketing and hospitality.
- » Canadian Soldier Killed in Shooting Near Parliament in Ottawa
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
- » Bulgaria Dropped 20 Positions in World Press Freedom Index in 2 Years