Unemployment Rates in Bulgaria Post Slight Decline in June
Unemployment rates in Bulgaria have recorded a slight decrease in June, according to the National Employment Agency.
A total of 10.7% of Bulgarians were unemployed in June which is some 0.5 percent less than the levels recorded in May.
In June, the unemployment rates marked the most dramatic decline since 2004 - some 16,000 fewer unemployed.
However, more than 350 000 job seekers have been registered in the public employment offices countrywide as opposed to only 6000 job vacancies, Nova TV informs.
Youth unemployment remains a grave problem in the country - about 59,000 people under 29 are looking for a job, the data of the National Employment Agency suggests.
The highest demand for workers is in the manufacturing, marketing and hospitality.
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains
- » Over 100 People Residing in Bulgaria Illegally Arrested in Special Operation
- » Antoaneta Vasileva Questioned In Money Laundering Investigation
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Warns of New Refugee Wave