Bulgartabak Lost 3% Market Share
In May 2014 Bulgaria's largest tobacco company Bulgartabak Holding had 3% smaller market share, to 30.3%, compared to May 2013, reports Capital Daily.
According to the company executive director Ventsislav Cholakov, this was normal.
“There is no other European country, in which the local tobacco company retained a large market share for long after the market was liberalised and in it entered the tobacco multinationals,” he said.
According to Cholakov, another reason was the change of the distribution company of Bulgartabak in March.
Second largest market share is held by the Greek Karelia with 18.8% (19.2% in 2013), Philip Morris with 17.6% (17% in 2013), the Bulgarian King's Tobacco with 11.9% (11.5% in 2013) and BAT with 9.7% (9.1% in 2013).
- » Bulgarian Employers Urge Price Caps on Power Purchases from AES, ContourGlobal Plants
- » Shell Gets Nod for Offshore Oil&Gas Exploration from Bulgaria Govt
- » Bulgaria Working to Keep Gas Transport under 100% State Control - PM
- » Bulgaria Mulls Changing Requirements for New Foreign Business Registrations
- » Marks & Spencer Leaving 5 SEE Countries
- » Westinghouse Should Return to Bulgaria, but 'Under New Conditions' - PM