Bulgartabak Lost 3% Market Share
In May 2014 Bulgaria's largest tobacco company Bulgartabak Holding had 3% smaller market share, to 30.3%, compared to May 2013, reports Capital Daily.
According to the company executive director Ventsislav Cholakov, this was normal.
“There is no other European country, in which the local tobacco company retained a large market share for long after the market was liberalised and in it entered the tobacco multinationals,” he said.
According to Cholakov, another reason was the change of the distribution company of Bulgartabak in March.
Second largest market share is held by the Greek Karelia with 18.8% (19.2% in 2013), Philip Morris with 17.6% (17% in 2013), the Bulgarian King's Tobacco with 11.9% (11.5% in 2013) and BAT with 9.7% (9.1% in 2013).
- » Bulgaria’s National Electric Company Reports BGN 425M Loss in end-Sept
- » 3 Big Outsourcing Firms to Open Offices in Plovdiv Within Months
- » Bulgaria-Macedonia Rail Line to Start Functioning in 2022
- » Flydubai Airline To Fly Between Sofia and Dubai
- » Construction of 2 New Bulgaria-Romania Bridges to Start by 2017
- » GERB Withdraws Proposal to Save KTB Through Legal Changes