Bulgartabak Lost 3% Market Share
In May 2014 Bulgaria's largest tobacco company Bulgartabak Holding had 3% smaller market share, to 30.3%, compared to May 2013, reports Capital Daily.
According to the company executive director Ventsislav Cholakov, this was normal.
“There is no other European country, in which the local tobacco company retained a large market share for long after the market was liberalised and in it entered the tobacco multinationals,” he said.
According to Cholakov, another reason was the change of the distribution company of Bulgartabak in March.
Second largest market share is held by the Greek Karelia with 18.8% (19.2% in 2013), Philip Morris with 17.6% (17% in 2013), the Bulgarian King's Tobacco with 11.9% (11.5% in 2013) and BAT with 9.7% (9.1% in 2013).
- » Russia's VTB, Sberbank 'to Enter EU Sanctions List' - WSJ
- » Half Million Bulgarians Drive Volkswagen Cars
- » Westinghouse CEO Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians Spent BGN 200M on Property in June - Brokers
- » Lawmakers to Discuss Bulgaria's State Budget, Health Expenditures
- » EC Initiates Gas Supply Talks between Oettinger, Novak