Bulgartabak Lost 3% Market Share
In May 2014 Bulgaria's largest tobacco company Bulgartabak Holding had 3% smaller market share, to 30.3%, compared to May 2013, reports Capital Daily.
According to the company executive director Ventsislav Cholakov, this was normal.
“There is no other European country, in which the local tobacco company retained a large market share for long after the market was liberalised and in it entered the tobacco multinationals,” he said.
According to Cholakov, another reason was the change of the distribution company of Bulgartabak in March.
Second largest market share is held by the Greek Karelia with 18.8% (19.2% in 2013), Philip Morris with 17.6% (17% in 2013), the Bulgarian King's Tobacco with 11.9% (11.5% in 2013) and BAT with 9.7% (9.1% in 2013).
- » EC Threatens Punitive Measures against Bulgaria, Serbia over South Stream
- » Finance Ministry Meets with EPIC to Discuss KTB Recovery
- » Bulgaria Braces for Possible Disruption in Russian Gas Supplies
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt OKs Financial Corrections of BGN 152 M under OP Environment
- » Bulgaria Air to Fly to China, Belarus
- » Power Rates in Bulgaria to Go Up by up to 10% as of October - Watchdog