Asparuhovo Flood Victims Receive Financial Aid
The administration in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is giving BGN 300 to each of the 405 households affected by the devastating floods in the Asparuhovo district.
The definitive list of all the disaster victims has been drawn up already, Bulgarian National Radio informed.
According to the filed declarations, the downpour caused damage to 513 houses and residential buildings. More than 600 people have been evacuated from 148 houses so far.
More than 100 buildings – residential and business – were condemned by authorities as structurally unsafe after a flash flood tore through Asparuhovo on June 19, killing 13 and leaving many homeless. Varna Mayor Ivan Portnih reported that 70 buildings and 30 stores have already been demolished.
Residents of the Asparuhovo district have been protesting on Monday the forceful evacuation, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Bulgarian Presidency Lays Condolence Book in Memory of Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgarian Helicopter Crew Remains Captured in Sudan
- » Sofia Hosts Future Shorts Festival in February
- » Cost of Living in Bulgaria Drops for First Time in 25 Years – Trade Union
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev