Asparuhovo Flood Victims Receive Financial Aid
The administration in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is giving BGN 300 to each of the 405 households affected by the devastating floods in the Asparuhovo district.
The definitive list of all the disaster victims has been drawn up already, Bulgarian National Radio informed.
According to the filed declarations, the downpour caused damage to 513 houses and residential buildings. More than 600 people have been evacuated from 148 houses so far.
More than 100 buildings – residential and business – were condemned by authorities as structurally unsafe after a flash flood tore through Asparuhovo on June 19, killing 13 and leaving many homeless. Varna Mayor Ivan Portnih reported that 70 buildings and 30 stores have already been demolished.
Residents of the Asparuhovo district have been protesting on Monday the forceful evacuation, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Exhibition about Lion as Symbol of Bulgarians Still Running in Bucharest
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%