Asparuhovo Flood Victims Receive Financial Aid
The administration in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is giving BGN 300 to each of the 405 households affected by the devastating floods in the Asparuhovo district.
The definitive list of all the disaster victims has been drawn up already, Bulgarian National Radio informed.
According to the filed declarations, the downpour caused damage to 513 houses and residential buildings. More than 600 people have been evacuated from 148 houses so far.
More than 100 buildings – residential and business – were condemned by authorities as structurally unsafe after a flash flood tore through Asparuhovo on June 19, killing 13 and leaving many homeless. Varna Mayor Ivan Portnih reported that 70 buildings and 30 stores have already been demolished.
Residents of the Asparuhovo district have been protesting on Monday the forceful evacuation, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna