Asparuhovo Flood Victims Receive Financial Aid
The administration in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is giving BGN 300 to each of the 405 households affected by the devastating floods in the Asparuhovo district.
The definitive list of all the disaster victims has been drawn up already, Bulgarian National Radio informed.
According to the filed declarations, the downpour caused damage to 513 houses and residential buildings. More than 600 people have been evacuated from 148 houses so far.
More than 100 buildings – residential and business – were condemned by authorities as structurally unsafe after a flash flood tore through Asparuhovo on June 19, killing 13 and leaving many homeless. Varna Mayor Ivan Portnih reported that 70 buildings and 30 stores have already been demolished.
Residents of the Asparuhovo district have been protesting on Monday the forceful evacuation, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Forest Guard Discover Dead Immigrant Near Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Has Too Many Universities - Education Minister
- » Bulgaria to Build Accommodation Centres for Elderly
- » Bulgaria Marks 95 Years of Neuilly Treaty after WWI
- » UNESCO Adds Production of Chiprovtsi Carpets to ‘Intangible Heritage’ List