Asparuhovo Flood Victims Receive Financial Aid
The administration in Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna is giving BGN 300 to each of the 405 households affected by the devastating floods in the Asparuhovo district.
The definitive list of all the disaster victims has been drawn up already, Bulgarian National Radio informed.
According to the filed declarations, the downpour caused damage to 513 houses and residential buildings. More than 600 people have been evacuated from 148 houses so far.
More than 100 buildings – residential and business – were condemned by authorities as structurally unsafe after a flash flood tore through Asparuhovo on June 19, killing 13 and leaving many homeless. Varna Mayor Ivan Portnih reported that 70 buildings and 30 stores have already been demolished.
Residents of the Asparuhovo district have been protesting on Monday the forceful evacuation, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Hurricane Irma, Bitcoin, Sex Scandals, and Royal Romance are Among the Hottest Public Topics for the Year
- » Every Fifth Child has Met with a Stranger from the Internet
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Which are the Most Dangerous and Which - the Most Attractive toys on the Market at the Moment?
- » Robbie Williams was in Intensive Care for a Week
- » Only 6% of Bulgarians Decided to Use the Opportunity to Take Out Their Insurance Online