Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Forecasts Another Electricity Price Hike
By the end of this year the electricity prices in Bulgaria might rise again, Ilian Iliev, member of the energy watchdog DKEVR told the Bulgarian National Television.
According to him, it probably will not be more than 3% and would most likely happen in October.
The price hike is necessary in order to cover the deficit of the National Electricity Company (NEK).
DKEVR calculations show that the profits in the next five years could cover a deficit of BGN 1 B.
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Reports of Irregularities at Energo-Pro EDC
- » Bulgarian PM Reaffirms Moratorium on Shale Gas Extraction
- » Bulgarian President Remains Hopeful of South Stream
- » Kuwaiti Company Interested in Belene NPP – Bulgaria Energy Minister
- » Energy Efficiency Projects Have Boosted Bulgarian Economy - Minister
- » Bulgaria PM Borisov: Energy Bills Issue 'Is Conspiracy against Govt'