Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Forecasts Another Electricity Price Hike
By the end of this year the electricity prices in Bulgaria might rise again, Ilian Iliev, member of the energy watchdog DKEVR told the Bulgarian National Television.
According to him, it probably will not be more than 3% and would most likely happen in October.
The price hike is necessary in order to cover the deficit of the National Electricity Company (NEK).
DKEVR calculations show that the profits in the next five years could cover a deficit of BGN 1 B.
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Approves EUR 600 M for Belene
- » OPEC Agrees on Oil Output Reduction
- » EDF 'Made Offer to Invest in Bulgaria's Belene Plant'- Nuclear Group
- » Ten Days to Go Before Nuclear Decommissioning Conference in Sofia
- » Western Investor 'Eyes Belene Nuclear Plant' - ex-Energy Min
- » European Commissioner Shevchovich To Lay Groundwork for Gas Talks in Moscow