Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Forecasts Another Electricity Price Hike
By the end of this year the electricity prices in Bulgaria might rise again, Ilian Iliev, member of the energy watchdog DKEVR told the Bulgarian National Television.
According to him, it probably will not be more than 3% and would most likely happen in October.
The price hike is necessary in order to cover the deficit of the National Electricity Company (NEK).
DKEVR calculations show that the profits in the next five years could cover a deficit of BGN 1 B.
- » Power of Siberia Pipeline Construction Kicks Off
- » Less than 5% of Bulgaria's Gas Needs Covered by Local Production
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding, CEZ, to Discuss Varna TPP Life Extension
- » Coal Miners Protest Decision for Early Suspension of Bobov Dol TPP Unit
- » EU Commissioner: Russia Must Guarantee Gas Supplies, Ukraine Secure Transit
- » Power Price Hike as of October 1 in Bulgaria Is Inevitable – Watchdog Member