Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Forecasts Another Electricity Price Hike
By the end of this year the electricity prices in Bulgaria might rise again, Ilian Iliev, member of the energy watchdog DKEVR told the Bulgarian National Television.
According to him, it probably will not be more than 3% and would most likely happen in October.
The price hike is necessary in order to cover the deficit of the National Electricity Company (NEK).
DKEVR calculations show that the profits in the next five years could cover a deficit of BGN 1 B.
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgaria Reports No Change in Russian Gas Supply, Transit Volumes
- » Gazprom Suspends Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- » French, US Companies 'Interested' in Supplying Gas to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects Offers for EUR 650 M Loan to Energy Holding Co. in 2-3 Weeks
- » Agreement on Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector to be Signed on December 10