Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Forecasts Another Electricity Price Hike
By the end of this year the electricity prices in Bulgaria might rise again, Ilian Iliev, member of the energy watchdog DKEVR told the Bulgarian National Television.
According to him, it probably will not be more than 3% and would most likely happen in October.
The price hike is necessary in order to cover the deficit of the National Electricity Company (NEK).
DKEVR calculations show that the profits in the next five years could cover a deficit of BGN 1 B.
- » Kozloduy NPP Completes Planned Annual Overhaul of Unit 6
- » Kozloduy NPP Transferred BGN 7 M to Westinghouse under Upgrade Program for Units 5, 6
- » Bulgarian Employers, Trade Unions, Decry Lobby Groups in Energy Board
- » Varna TPS, CEZ Employees to Hold Protest Rally in Sofia
- » TANAP Pipeline Agreement Signed in Turkey
- » EU Recommends That Bulgaria Deregulates Electricity Prices