Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Prime Minister Borisov: Bulgaria will Provide EUR 500 000 to the Trust Fund for Africa
- » Donald Tusk Proposes Sofia to Host a Western Balkans Summit
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Estonia Supports Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Europe can Sue Bulgaria for Lack of Access to 112 Emergency Number for Deaf People
- » Bulgaria will be the Center of Dialogue for the Digital Single Market