Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » EU Commission 'Should Adopt New Approach' to Disasters, Emergency - MEP
- » EC Approves Project for Upgrade of Fire Services in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s EU Funds Loss under Regional Development Program May Reach BGN 95 M
- » Bulgaria Joins Case Against Minimum Alcohol Price In Scotland
- » FT: Cut in Russian Gas Flow Could Speed Up Diversification in Europe
- » Could Kristalina Georgieva's Portfolio Be Changed to 'Energy Union'?