Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » EU Commission to Go On with CVM Reports on Bulgaria, Romania
- » Romania Could Outpace Bulgaria in Schengen Accession - Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria Runs Huge Risk of Losing EU Funds - Deputy PM
- » European Commission OKs 39 New Operational Programs, None of Them Bulgarian
- » Bulgaria to Seek Long-Term Loan for 240-km Section of Hemus Motorway
- » Bulgaria PM to Seek Unfreezing of EU Funds in Brussels Next Week