Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » European Commission Celebrates Bulgaria's Liberation Day
- » Unemployment Registered Slight Drop in Bulgaria in January
- » Tackling Poverty Requires Holistic Approach- Romania’s EU Commissioner
- » Bulgaria Is Not Among Worst Performers in EU Funds Absorption – President
- » Bulgaria Gov't 'Wants to Jail at Least 30 Politicians'
- » EU Commission Warns Bulgaria on Implementation of Three Directives