Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » MEPs to Discuss Russian Embargo on EU Food Imports
- » Bulgaria 'EU's Biggest Recipient' in 2014-2020 Programs
- » EU To Cover 6% Of Flood Damages In Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Faces Loss of Up To EUR 97 M in EU Funding for Agriculture
- » EU Unlikely to Welcome New Member States in Foreseeable Future – Johannes Hahn
- » Bulgaria Falls Into Bottom Group of EC's Competitiveness Ranking