Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » EU Research Chief to Inspect Construction of Sofia Tech Park
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Calls on EU to Reform Policies on Refugees
- » EU Parliament Approves EUR 6.4 M in Flood Aid to Bulgaria
- » Decision on Schengen Bids of Bulgaria, Romania, Postponed Yet Again
- » Bulgaria to Receive EUR 6.4 M in Flood Damage Aid from EU Solidarity Fund
- » Bulgaria Moves to Align Its Refugee Legislation with EU Law