Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Bulgarian Project Wins Natura 2000 Award
- » Bulgaria IntMin Reports 30 % Drop in Number of Illegal Migrants in 2016
- » Bulgaria to Have 146-km Wire Fence along Border with Turkey in 2 Months
- » Bulgaria 'More Prepared Than Germany' to Tackle Migrant Inflow, FM Says
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Top 5 in EU by Number of Victims of Trafficking in People
- » Four EU Experts to Analyze Bulgaria's Prosecution