Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » EP to Hold Hearing of Bulgarian Commission Designate on June 20
- » Sofia Welcomes Agreement About European Public Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgaria Wants to be Free of EU Monitoring by End of 2018
- » A Bulgaria to Update Budget of its EU Council Presidency
- » Minister Liliyana Pavlova: 'Europe Will Exist, it is Important in What Format'
- » Bulgaria is on its Way to the Eurozone