Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd in Utilisation of EU Funds for SMEs
- » Bulgaria Remains Among 12 Countries Subject to Special Monitoring
- » Interim Govt Not To Nominate Bulgarian EU Commissioner
- » Bulgaria Requests Opening of Voting Sections in 17 German Cities
- » President Radev, PM Gerdzhikov To Discuss EU Commissioner Nomination
- » Bulgaria Govt Sending Mixed Signals about Next EU Commissioner Pick