Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Bulgaria's PM Backs Sanctions Against Russia Due To Moscow's Actions in Syria
- » Bulgaria President Backs CETA Deal with Canada
- » Over 50% of Bulgarian Youths Live in Inferior Living Conditions
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers to Debate Govt Draft Stance on EU-Canada Deal
- » EU Audit Office: Bulgaria With Perfect Record in 2015 Cohesion Policy Projects
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Tables Renewed Eurozone, Schengen Talks' to Juncker