Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Denitsa Zlateva: ‘Declining the Invitation To Stay On As Minister in the Borisov 2 Cabinet Was the Right Decision’
- » 53% of Bulgarians Support EU Membership
- » The Council of Ministers Approves Bulgaria's Position on Brexit Talks
- » Sergei Stanishev: EU’s Main Task Is To Restore The Spirit Of Solidarity
- » A Bulgarian Horo is Going to Take Place For the 5th Time on Brussels’ Central Square
- » Iliana Iotova: ‘We All Need to Unite For Successful EU Presidency