Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Bulgaria, Turkey PMs Urge Common European Approach to Migration Crisis
- » Bulgaria to Expand Harmanli Refugee Centre
- » Bulgaria Discussing Balkans Border Security with Germany
- » Interest in Bulgarian Citizenship Rises among Britons after Brexit
- » Bulgarian EU Presidency to Cost Estimated EUR 75 M
- » EC VP Kristalina Georgieva Denies Media Speculation of Being's GERB's Pick for President of Bulgaria