Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Bulgaria Would Profit from EU-Japan Free Trade Agreement – Deputy PM Kuneva
- » Bulgaria Opens 1st Procedure under Operational Program Environment 2014-2020
- » EU Commissioner Georgieva Urges Bulgaria to Improve Disaster Prevention
- » EU 'Launching Procedure' against Bulgaria over Treatment of Debtors
- » EU Adopts Bulgaria-Serbia Cross-Border Program worth EUR 34 M
- » Bulgaria to Participate in EU Operation on Tackling Human Traffickers in Mediterranean