Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » EC Takes Bulgaria to Court over Insufficient Protection of Endangered Birds
- » Bulgarian Army Ready to Boost Assistance to Police in Border Protection, Def Min Says
- » EU Asks Bulgaria to Comply with Rules for Energy Consumption of Buildings
- » EC Requests Bulgaria to Ensure Level Playing Field for Groundhandling Service Providers at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria Detains 56 Migrants Trying to Illegally Cross Into Serbia
- » Bulgarians 'Would Vote Remain' If Asked - Poll