Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » EU Envoy Confident Canada Working to Resolve Bulgaria Visa Concerns
- » Bulgaria May Lose EUR 1.2 B in EU Funding by End-Year
- » Bulgaria Sends Firearms, Ammo to Iraqi Government
- » Bulgaria’s President Calls for Fair Distribution of Immigration Burden in EU
- » EU Offers Further EUR165 M in Aid to Farmers Hit by Russian Sanctions
- » Bulgarian Attar Of Roses Gets EU Protection Of Geographical Indication