Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » EU to Provide EUR 125M to Farmers Affected by Russian Food Embargo
- » Head of EU's Competitiveness Program 'Asked to Resign' by EconMin
- » PES Leader Says Will Back Georgieva’s Nomination for Top EU Post
- » Bulgaria Likely to Lose BGN 24M under Operational Program Transport
- » EC Alerts Bulgarian Energy Holding to Suspected Anti-Trust Law Breach
- » Bulgaria Restores Suspended EU Payments under Regional Development OP