Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Bulgaria Records Sizeable Y/Y Drop in Jobless Rate in February 2015
- » Bulgaria Had Lowest Hourly Labor Costs in EU in 2014, at EUR 3.8
- » EU Launches Proceeding on Agricultural Land Ownership Laws in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Fails to Address Shortcomings in Treatment of Prisoners, Conditions of Detention - CoE
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10 M EU Funding to Tackle Asylum, Migration, Integration
- » EU Commission VP Jyrki Katainen to Visit Bulgaria on April 16