Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Bulgaria Joins European Public Law Organization
- » Bulgaria Faces 'Genuine Threat of Radicalization' - MEP
- » Bulgaria's VP-Elect Sparks New Row over Migrant Reception Centers
- » Bulgaria PM Leaves EU Commissioner Choice to Interim Govt
- » EC Vice President Georgieva Denies Charges of Conflict of Interest
- » New Bulgarian EU Commissioner To Be Announced in Early 2017