Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » President Radev to Participate in Ceremony Marking 60th Anniversary of the Treaties of Rome
- » Donald Tusk To Visit Bulgaria in April
- » Bulgaria's Govt Approves Position for EU Summit Meeting in Rome
- » EP Adopts Resolution on Bulgarians in Albania
- » Expenses for Bulgaria's EU Presidency To Exceed BGN 50 M for 2017
- » EU To Send Experts to Sofia To Help With Presidency Organisation