Iskra Mihailova Becomes First BG MEP to Head an EP Committee
Former Bulgarian Minister of Environment Iskra Mihailova became the first Bulgarian MEP to head a committee in the European Parliament.
On Monday she was elected chair of the Regional Policies Committee. The committee is instrumental in defining the European policies on distribution of European funds.
Earlier on Monday the MEP from Coalition for Bulgaria Iliana Iotova was elected deputy chair of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
- » Five Bulgarian Regions among EU’s Ten Poorest in 2013
- » Bulgaria Finmin Unveils Plan for Mega-Fund Managing EU Financial Instruments
- » Bulgaria’s Rural Development Program 2014-2020 Conclusively Approved
- » Dairy Sector Crisis Affects EU Market, Not Just Bulgaria - Agriculture Minister
- » Ten EU Countries Oppose Proposal for Immigrant Quotas
- » Bulgaria's Stanishev to Face 71-Year-Old Candidate for 2nd PES Term