Bulgaria Expects EUR 1.2 B of Foreign Investment in 2014
Over EUR 1.2 B (BGN 2.4 B) worth of foreign capitals could flow to Bulgaria this year, InvestBulgaria Agency CEO Svetoslav Mladenov announced.
This is far beyond the EUR 106.6 M that have been invested into Bulgaria since January according to the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB).
Mladenov, however, says investment is yet to go at a faster pace as projects will be unfolding throughout the year.
Website Money.bg quotes him as saying a total of 15 certified projects, valued at BGN 565 M and creating 7800 jobs, are being presently carried out.
Other 28 projects worth BGN 1.4 B, which could give employment to 23 000 people, are yet to be certified.
Industry and electronics are the two sectors in which Bulgaria has seen the biggest surge of investment this year, but real estate also proves to be attractive.
Among government-managed InvestBulgaria Agency's main goals is to direct investment to regions with higher levels of unemployment and a weaker economy.
- » Bulgaria to Study Options for Azerbaijani Gas Supplies - Energy Min
- » Turkey to Complete Wall with Syria in 5 Months
- » Bulgaria Doesn't Appeal Arbitration Ruling over Atomstroyexport Debt
- » IAEA, EBRD Officials among Speakers at Nuclear Decommissioning Conference in Sofia
- » Bulgaria EconMin Visiting Azerbaijan on Thursday, Friday
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Financial Aid Bill for Payment of NEC's Debt