North Korea Calls for Reunification with South Through Federalization
North Korea has offered South Korea to adopt a set of measures intended to open the way for reconciliation and unity.
An official statement cited by the KCNA news agency says that the North and South should jointly specify "the reunification proposals by way of federation and confederation and make efforts to realize them and thus actively promote co-existence, co-prosperity and common interests."
Pyongyang claims that the reunification can be achieved on the basis of the federalization, supported by all "to achieve reunification through a federal formula in Korea where differing ideologies and social systems exist", Itar-Tass reports.
To implement this task, the North Korean authorities offer "to create the atmosphere favorable for reconciliation and unity, to end calumnies and vituperations."
Meanwhile, the North announced it will send cheerleaders to South Korea for the first time in nearly a decade in an attempt to "improve relationships" between the two countries.They will accompany athletes taking part in the Asian Games in September at the South Korean city of Incheon, the BBC informs.
The North has lately reiterated calls for both sides to stop hostilities, even as it has continued with short-range missile tests.
- » Greece 'Will Request Multi-Year Bailout' Prior to EU-28 Summit on Sunday
- » Mysterious Flags in Kiev Downtown: Russian or Bulgarian?
- » Eurogroup Waiting for New Reform Proposal from Greece
- » Stoltenberg Welcomes Montenegro’s Progress on Path to NATO
- » Nuclear Talks with Iran to Go on Past Tuesday, EU’s Mogherini Says
- » EU Commission, Parliament Presidents Express Opposition to Grexit