Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Historic 9th Place in ATP Rankings
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has made it to the top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
After the update of the ATP rankings, Dimitrov was put under number 9 among the best in the world, becoming the highest ranking Bulgarian.
Dimitrov has climbed from the 13th place due to an outstanding performance at Wimbledon where he reached the semifinals of the Grand Slam tournament after beating defending champion Andy Murray with 6:1, 7:6 (4), 6:2 on Wednesday.
The Bulgarian tennis star has lost to Novak Djokovic at the semifinals by a score of 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-7(7) in a match that lasted slightly over three hours, Friday.
The Serbian player has topped the ATP Rankings, leaving behind Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Skip Tournament in Washington Over Illness
- » Mountain Auto Rally “Uzana” Cancelled after Fatal Accident
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat