Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Historic 9th Place in ATP Rankings
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has made it to the top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
After the update of the ATP rankings, Dimitrov was put under number 9 among the best in the world, becoming the highest ranking Bulgarian.
Dimitrov has climbed from the 13th place due to an outstanding performance at Wimbledon where he reached the semifinals of the Grand Slam tournament after beating defending champion Andy Murray with 6:1, 7:6 (4), 6:2 on Wednesday.
The Bulgarian tennis star has lost to Novak Djokovic at the semifinals by a score of 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-7(7) in a match that lasted slightly over three hours, Friday.
The Serbian player has topped the ATP Rankings, leaving behind Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scoops Title at Brisbane International
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Final
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Semi-Finals
- » Bulgaria Lists 26 Sports Players for Doping Control through 2017