Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Historic 9th Place in ATP Rankings
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has made it to the top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
After the update of the ATP rankings, Dimitrov was put under number 9 among the best in the world, becoming the highest ranking Bulgarian.
Dimitrov has climbed from the 13th place due to an outstanding performance at Wimbledon where he reached the semifinals of the Grand Slam tournament after beating defending champion Andy Murray with 6:1, 7:6 (4), 6:2 on Wednesday.
The Bulgarian tennis star has lost to Novak Djokovic at the semifinals by a score of 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-7(7) in a match that lasted slightly over three hours, Friday.
The Serbian player has topped the ATP Rankings, leaving behind Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Elected as Vice President of European Athletics
- » Bulgaria Climbs Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking