Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Historic 9th Place in ATP Rankings
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov has made it to the top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings.
After the update of the ATP rankings, Dimitrov was put under number 9 among the best in the world, becoming the highest ranking Bulgarian.
Dimitrov has climbed from the 13th place due to an outstanding performance at Wimbledon where he reached the semifinals of the Grand Slam tournament after beating defending champion Andy Murray with 6:1, 7:6 (4), 6:2 on Wednesday.
The Bulgarian tennis star has lost to Novak Djokovic at the semifinals by a score of 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(2), 6-7(7) in a match that lasted slightly over three hours, Friday.
The Serbian player has topped the ATP Rankings, leaving behind Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis