Asparuhovo Residents to Protest Forceful Evacuation
Residents of the flood hit Varna district Asparuhovo are planning to protest on Monday the forceful evacuation, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
The event is organised in Facebook under the slogan “We are here and we will not let anyone be forcefully taken out of their home”.
More than 100 buildings – residential and business – were condemned by authorities as structurally unsafe after a flash flood tore through Asparuhovo on June 19, killing 13 and leaving many homeless.
Varna Mayor Ivan Portnih reported on Saturday that so far 1000 people have been taken out of the dangerous properties, of which 70 residential buildings and 30 shops have already been pulled down. Fifteen more are to be demolished.
- » Over 60 Cases of Pedophiles Online Uncovered So Far in 2016 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski
- » Roma to Make Up 1/4 of New Entries into Bulgaria's Labour Market in 2020
- » Asylum Seekers Protest in Bulgaria over Poor Conditions
- » Unique 4th Century Mosaics Discovered in Plovdiv's Large Basilica
- » Dordrecht Museum To Host Oldest Gold of Humankind Exhibition, Varna Treasure