Asparuhovo Residents to Protest Forceful Evacuation
Residents of the flood hit Varna district Asparuhovo are planning to protest on Monday the forceful evacuation, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
The event is organised in Facebook under the slogan “We are here and we will not let anyone be forcefully taken out of their home”.
More than 100 buildings – residential and business – were condemned by authorities as structurally unsafe after a flash flood tore through Asparuhovo on June 19, killing 13 and leaving many homeless.
Varna Mayor Ivan Portnih reported on Saturday that so far 1000 people have been taken out of the dangerous properties, of which 70 residential buildings and 30 shops have already been pulled down. Fifteen more are to be demolished.
- » India Rail Accident Kills 10
- » 3.1-Magnitute Earthquake Registered in Bulgaria, Near Strazhitsa
- » Bulgarian Film Won an International Prize at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » Earthquake Stronger Than Magnitude 7 to Hit Turkey’s Marmara Region in Near Future
- » Huge Tree Falls on Car in Sofia
- » Mostly Sunny weather, with Clouds in Afternoon, NIMH