Pink Floyd to Release New Album in October?
Pink Floyd may be releasing a new record this fall, according to guitarist David Gilmour's wife Polly Samson, who tweeted the news on Saturday morning, reports Yahoo! Music.
"Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called 'The Endless River'" Polly Samson tweeted. "Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful."
Consequence of Sound reports that touring vocalist Durga McBroom-Hudson, who sang backup with the band throughout the 1980s and 1990s, provided further proof on her Facebook page later in the day, posting a photo from a recording session, confirming that the record will consist of "all unreleased material," and adding: "The recording did start during 'The Division Bell' sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled "The Big Spliff" that [Floyd drummer] Nick Mason spoke about). Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them."
The band's longtime engineer Andy Jackson also confirmed the album's release via fan site Floydian Slip; while the band's current label home, Warner, has yet to confirm the release, Gilmour's manager hinted to the site that a proper announcement would come this Monday (July 7).
If the reports are true, "The Endless River" would come just in time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the band's final album, 1994's "The Division Bell"; the "new" material would have been recorded around the same time.
- » The Urban Culture Festival Sofia Breathes Will Take Place in Sofia This Weekend
- » Bulgarian Film Won an International Prize at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » 10th Edition of the Festival of Folklore Costumes Begins in Zheravna
- » SOLAR SUMMER Festival in Bulgaria Canceled Over Measures Against Loud Music
- » Some of the Most Ancient Vietnamese Rituals will be Presented on 18th August in Sofia
- » Leonardo DiCaprio will Play Leonardo da Vinci