Bulgarian Airplane Nearly Crashed at Leipzig Airport
An airplane of the Bulgarian airline AirVia performing a flight between Varna and Leipzig landed short while approaching the runway at Leipzig, reports the Aeroinside.com website.
According to eyewitnesses, quoted by the site, on July 4 the Airbus A320-200 touched down short of the runway, briefly lifted off again and touched down a second time in a very nose high attitude, the tail impacted the runway surface just at the runway threshold with a loud noise before the aircraft settled on the runway.
The aircraft rolled out without further incident but sustained substantial damage to the tail and the return flight to Varna was cancelled.
- » Lift Set on Fire Hours Before Start of Bansko Ski World Cup
- » Subway Section to Sofia Airport to be Launched in early April
- » 600 000 People in Bulgaria are Working Poor – Trade Union
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers to Bring Scottish Rhythm to Bulgaria in Unconventional Performance
- » Loose Hose on Gas Cyllinder Sends People in Hospital
- » Judas Priest To Hit Sofia in June