Bulgarian Airplane Nearly Crashed at Leipzig Airport
An airplane of the Bulgarian airline AirVia performing a flight between Varna and Leipzig landed short while approaching the runway at Leipzig, reports the Aeroinside.com website.
According to eyewitnesses, quoted by the site, on July 4 the Airbus A320-200 touched down short of the runway, briefly lifted off again and touched down a second time in a very nose high attitude, the tail impacted the runway surface just at the runway threshold with a loud noise before the aircraft settled on the runway.
The aircraft rolled out without further incident but sustained substantial damage to the tail and the return flight to Varna was cancelled.
- » Legendary Bulgarian Defender Trifon Ivanov Dies Aged 50
- » Strong South Winds Expected in Bulgaria Saturday
- » US Film Director Ted Kotcheff Applies for Bulgarian Citizenship
- » Bulgarian-Finnish Documentary “Love&Engineering” Out in Bulgarian Cinemas
- » Public Trust in Bulgarian Media Further Down in 2015 - Survey
- » Uriah Heep to Perform in Bulgaria's Ruse on May 7