Bulgarian Airplane Nearly Crashed at Leipzig Airport
An airplane of the Bulgarian airline AirVia performing a flight between Varna and Leipzig landed short while approaching the runway at Leipzig, reports the Aeroinside.com website.
According to eyewitnesses, quoted by the site, on July 4 the Airbus A320-200 touched down short of the runway, briefly lifted off again and touched down a second time in a very nose high attitude, the tail impacted the runway surface just at the runway threshold with a loud noise before the aircraft settled on the runway.
The aircraft rolled out without further incident but sustained substantial damage to the tail and the return flight to Varna was cancelled.
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017