Bulgarian Airplane Nearly Crashed at Leipzig Airport
An airplane of the Bulgarian airline AirVia performing a flight between Varna and Leipzig landed short while approaching the runway at Leipzig, reports the Aeroinside.com website.
According to eyewitnesses, quoted by the site, on July 4 the Airbus A320-200 touched down short of the runway, briefly lifted off again and touched down a second time in a very nose high attitude, the tail impacted the runway surface just at the runway threshold with a loud noise before the aircraft settled on the runway.
The aircraft rolled out without further incident but sustained substantial damage to the tail and the return flight to Varna was cancelled.
- » Unknown Man Attacked People in a Polish Store with a Knife, 1 Dead and 9 Injured
- » Over 200 000 Bulgarian Children Live Abroad
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » From 2019, Bulgaria will Vote Electronically in all Elections
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol