Bulgarian Airplane Nearly Crashed at Leipzig Airport
An airplane of the Bulgarian airline AirVia performing a flight between Varna and Leipzig landed short while approaching the runway at Leipzig, reports the Aeroinside.com website.
According to eyewitnesses, quoted by the site, on July 4 the Airbus A320-200 touched down short of the runway, briefly lifted off again and touched down a second time in a very nose high attitude, the tail impacted the runway surface just at the runway threshold with a loud noise before the aircraft settled on the runway.
The aircraft rolled out without further incident but sustained substantial damage to the tail and the return flight to Varna was cancelled.
- » Shootout Outside US NSA Building Appears ‘Local Criminal Matter’
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » One Shot Dead, One Injured in Gate-Crashing Attack at US’ NSA HQ
- » Two Injured at US’ National Security Agency HQ Gates, Shots Fired - Reports
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision
- » Identity of Child Found Murdered in Suitcase Now Established