Bulgarian Airplane Nearly Crashed at Leipzig Airport
An airplane of the Bulgarian airline AirVia performing a flight between Varna and Leipzig landed short while approaching the runway at Leipzig, reports the Aeroinside.com website.
According to eyewitnesses, quoted by the site, on July 4 the Airbus A320-200 touched down short of the runway, briefly lifted off again and touched down a second time in a very nose high attitude, the tail impacted the runway surface just at the runway threshold with a loud noise before the aircraft settled on the runway.
The aircraft rolled out without further incident but sustained substantial damage to the tail and the return flight to Varna was cancelled.
- » How Long will the Bad Weather Continue?
- » Argentine Legally Changes Gender to Retire Early
- » Explosion at a Chemical Plant in the Czech Republic Killed at Least Six People
- » Deutsche Welle Releases Documentary About Marriage in Roma Minority of Bulgaria
- » Experts Forecast Total Change on the Job Market around 2030
- » Conditions For Blizzards in North Bulgaria and High Mountain Passes, Temperatures to Decrease