Bulgarian Airplane Nearly Crashed at Leipzig Airport
An airplane of the Bulgarian airline AirVia performing a flight between Varna and Leipzig landed short while approaching the runway at Leipzig, reports the Aeroinside.com website.
According to eyewitnesses, quoted by the site, on July 4 the Airbus A320-200 touched down short of the runway, briefly lifted off again and touched down a second time in a very nose high attitude, the tail impacted the runway surface just at the runway threshold with a loud noise before the aircraft settled on the runway.
The aircraft rolled out without further incident but sustained substantial damage to the tail and the return flight to Varna was cancelled.
- » Wildfire Rages Near Bulgaria's Boboshevo
- » Close to 2.5 Million Bulgarians Live Below Poverty Line - Study
- » Monument to Elias Canetti Unveiled in Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Thracian Polearm Among Archaeological Finds in Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Wildfire Forces Evacuation of 10,000 Campers in southern France