Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Death Toll in Nepal Quake Nearing 4,000
- » EU Resists Kiev’s Calls to Send Military Mission to Eastern Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Raising Funds to Help Quake-Hit Nepal People
- » South Korean PM Resigns over Bribery Accusations
- » Poland Denies Entry of Russian Night Wolves Bikers
- » Missing Bulgarian Student in Nepal Is Well, Contacts Parents