Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Russia Warns of 'Maidan' over Bulgarian President's Inauguration, MPs Pick Up
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year
- » Germany To Hold Parliamentary Elections on September 24
- » Bulgarian EP Deputies Adopt Common Stance Against Blockades in Greece
- » Belgium's CALL: Bulgaria Does Not Offer Migrants Good Conditions
- » Italy Rocked by 4 Quakes in 1 Hour