Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » José Manuel Barroso: Brexit Talks Will Fail Without Compromise
- » EU Leaders Sign New Declaration 60 years After Signature of Treaty of Rome
- » France and Germany Tell UK to Expect No Brexit Favours
- » Two Charged Over Arms Supply to French Airport Attacker
- » Theresa May to Announce UK Will Reclaim its Waters For British Fishermen
- » Polish PM Heading Off to EU Summit, Warns Against Two-Speed Europe