Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Investigation Isolates DNA from 78 Victims of Germanwings Plane Crash
- » Saudi-Led Campaign Targets Rebel Positions in Yemen’s Capital
- » Lubitz's Mental Health: Just One of Several Leads in Germanwings Plane Crash Inquiry
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine