Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Fifteen Children and Two Women were Killed in an Air Strike in Eastern Ghouta
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, She was to Blame for the Crash (Updated)
- » Revolution: Women in Saudi Arabia will Choose how to Dress Themselves
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Nicolas Sarkozy is Taken for Questioning in Relation to Investigation into the Funding of his Election Campaign