Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Russian Space Freighter Carrying 2.4 T Cargo Docks with ISS
- » Tsipras: Greeks Determined to Take Control of Their Own Destiny in Referendum
- » Merkel: Western Balkan States Have Good Prospects to Join EU
- » Greece’s Referendum: Where Do ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ Votes Lead?
- » Tight Race Expected at Greece’s Bailout Referendum
- » Polling Stations Open in Crucial Bailout Referendum in Greece