Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Spain Terror Cell Had 120 Gas Canisters
- » British Tourists 'Terrified' as Fighter Jet Tracks Passenger Plane'
- » Barcelona’s Iconic Sagrada Familia - Prime Target of Terrorists’ Botched Bombing Plot
- » German Writer Critical of Turkey's Erdogan Arrested in Spain
- » Spanish Government Maintains Security Alert Level, Says No Attack Imminent
- » Lebanese Army: No Coordination with Hezbollah, Syria in IS attack