Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Turkey to Open New Chapter in EU Talks
- » Sofia-Istanbul Flights Restored after Airport Terror Attack
- » Russia Extends Food Imports Embargo to End-2017
- » Tusk Rules Out Single Market 'à la carte' for UK
- » Putin, Erdogan Agree to Work Towards Normalisation of Relations
- » One Ukrainian, One Iranian Reported as Victims of Istanbul Airport Terror Attack