Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Turkey Formally Opens Incirlik Air Base for Coalition Strikes on IS
- » Iraq Considers Turkish Airstrikes on PKK as Violation of Country's Sovereignty
- » Suspected Sabotage in Turkey Stops Oil Flow in Pipeline from Iraq
- » Turkey Conducts New Airstrikes on Suspected PKK Targets
- » Ukraine Adds Gerard Depardieu to 5-Year Blacklist
- » NATO Backs Turkey’s Fight Against ‘Terrorism’