Separatists Flee Slaviansk Stronghold - Report
Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have left the eastern town of Slaviansk and moved to Kramatorsk.
Ukrainian defense Minister Valeriy Heletey and the chief of military staff of Ukraine, Viktor Muzhenko, informed Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Saturday that the national flag had been raised over the city council building.
Slaviansk was seized in April by pro-Russian separatists.
The rebels reportedly fled the town amid a large-scale offensive by the military which put an end to a unilateral truce in place for 10 days, according to reports of CNN.
- » Germany, France Agree on Need for Mandatory Quotas to Distribute Migrants in EU
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis
- » Passportless Migrants Protest in Budapest at Hungary’s Travel Ban
- » Clashes Near Ukraine’s Parliament Deepen Rifts in Ruling Coalition
- » EU to Extend Sanctions Against Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Companies